Outbound Caller ID

jlumby

I am attempting to use a calling card as a way to hide my cell phone caller ID, and send my office phone's caller ID. I am running 3.0.0.2976 (Win32) and am using your ANI fields to send caller ID to my ITSP. I find that nomatter what is filled in the trunk's account field, or in the ANI field, the calling card displays my cellphone's caller ID to whomever I am calling.

I am attempting to use a calling card as a way to hide my cell phone caller ID, and send my office phone's caller ID. I am running 3.0.0.2976 (Win32) and am using your ANI fields to send caller ID to my ITSP. I find that nomatter what is filled in the trunk's account field, or in the ANI field, the calling card displays my cellphone's caller ID to whomever I am calling.

Hmm, yea that ANI field might have no meaning in the calling-card... At least in the way you are using it (SOAP might look different). Did you try to make an anonymous call? There is a flag for that.

Switching the caller ID to Block on the calling card account had no effect.

Eh, you are right. Once that you punch in your extension number, the PBX will start the call from that extension. If that extension has caller-ID blocked, it will be blocked. But it would be better if the caller-ID can be surpressed by the calling-card account, makes sense to me.

• 1 month later...
I wish it was taking my extension number, and sending it. It is sending my cell phone number.

Okay, just another idea. When you call from your cell to an auto attendant, and that number is in your extension, then the PBX gives you the option to call out. In that case IMHO it would use the extension caller-ID. Maybe that solves the problem?

Okay, just another idea. When you call from your cell to an auto attendant, and that number is in your extension, then the PBX gives you the option to call out. In that case IMHO it would use the extension caller-ID. Maybe that solves the problem?

It exibits the same problem as the calling card, where it sends my cell phone number as caller ID. I feel like it may be a bug in your implimentation of ANI with respect to the calling card service, since that is the method I am using to send my caller ID, and I doubt many other people are using both ani, and calling card together.

It exibits the same problem as the calling card, where it sends my cell phone number as caller ID. I feel like it may be a bug in your implimentation of ANI with respect to the calling card service, since that is the method I am using to send my caller ID, and I doubt many other people are using both ani, and calling card together.

Okay, that would be a bug then. Needs to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I think so. Tested with 3.3.1.3177 and it worked as expected.

I'm running 3.3.1.3177 and I can't get it to display they office phone number. Still shows my cell number...

On the calling card account, I have ANI set to my trunk. I've tried both Caller-ID Show and Block. My cell is displayed regardless.

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...
I think so. Tested with 3.3.1.3177 and it worked as expected.

I am running Version: 3.4.0.3202 (Win32) and i still have this issue.

basically when the client calls in and it authenticates his cell with extension what is happening is it is using the same caller ID that is setup on his extension instead of using the dial plan that the calling card account has set!

please advise asap.