Feature Request - Time Zone options on service flags?

Scott1234

I am hoping this would be an easy one for you guys to implement, I would imagine any one would run into this issue.

With larger business with office's in diffrent time zones on the same domain (for simplicity of management and BLF's) it would be good to see a feature where you can define the time zone the service flag is in so that when building service flags you can work natively in the time zone and not have to tweak times to match the time differences based on the default setting for the domain.

Obviously also make the default option to be, if timezone not set use domain default as is the way with many other pbx lower level settings.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I noticed the new service flag has an option List of holidays:

I presume its the same operation as before, but can any kind of hosted list/feed provided by governments be incorporated? as dates change each year and manually updating is a pain :P

Or maybe intercept the format they provide and then host some thing internally to populate the fields to match PBX requirements. Data feeds are normally provided in a machine readable feed, like csv.

This is indeed a royal pain. We took a brief look at it... If you want to keep track of all holidays of all states, countries well that will keep you busy for some time. E.g. in Germany each state has its own holidays, and there are 14 of them. And then there are company holidays. In the US there are government holidays too, which means some offices are open and others are closed. That is where we gave up on the idea of a drop down.

I agree it would be great if there would be some kind of public API available that provides that information; but I have not seen it so far. Parsing HTML is not an option...

This is indeed a royal pain. We took a brief look at it... If you want to keep track of all holidays of all states, countries well that will keep you busy for some time. E.g. in Germany each state has its own holidays, and there are 14 of them. And then there are company holidays. In the US there are government holidays too, which means some offices are open and others are closed. That is where we gave up on the idea of a drop down.

I agree it would be great if there would be some kind of public API available that provides that information; but I have not seen it so far. Parsing HTML is not an option...

I thought as much, maybe I should start an holiday aggregation service :D