So I have a customer who wants calls to go to a users cell phone, and if that user doesn't answer within maybe 15 seconds, for it to ring to their traditional phones. I have an extension setup, that is forwarding to a cell phone #. Then I have a ring group setup with several phones. If i create a hunt group that rings the extension for the cell phone first, 15 second wait, and then to the ring group, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks so much!
Ring To Cell, then to ring groupe w/ traditional phones
Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:45 AM
Could you please let us know which Vodia PBX version are your running.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:04 AM
I also tested on another PBX that was 5.5.0 (Win64)
Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:46 PM
Hunt groups are ring groups.
I am trying to understand here:-
1) You are dialing from a cell phone inbound to your Hunt group? And then to cell phone redirection.
2) I suppose this link here for how to setup a hunt group can help you better.
Please check "Stages" section there.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:36 PM
There's a ring/hunt group created. It involves the following.
ext 100, 101, 102 (standard phones)
and there's an extension that is just setup for a cell phone
ext 103, forward to cell phone # configured.
If I configure the hunt group
stage 1 extensions: 103, Duration:20
stage 2 extensions: 100, 101, 102
It does not ring the cell phone @ 103, it instead goes directly to 100, 101, 102.
If i configure it
stage 1 extensions: 103
Just like that, it rings to the cell phone fine.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:44 PM
Could you send us a screenshot of your Hunt group page, so that we will try it out here.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:57 PM
On this particular PBX 519 is the extension setup for the cell phone forwarding. 303 is manually configured on several handsets.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:06 PM
This is the way the cell is configured. No handset configured to this ext, just has all calls fwd to the particular #.
Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:30 PM
1) "303 is manually configured on several handsets" - what does this mean exactly?
2) "No handset configured to this ext, just has all calls fwd to the particular #." - You dont have an ext 509, and you have redirected it to your cell phone directly?
Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:32 PM
1.) I mean the phones aren't like automatically provisioned. The settings are manually configured from the handsets to point back to the PBX, and all of the handsets (I think the tech director said there were four) are configured for that particular extension.
2) There is no physical handset provisioned to the extension. It's literally configured as I posted in the above image. The extension just points calls to an external # (technicians cell phone)
Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:23 AM
Please set it up like below and it should work for you. I am trying this on version 57.1, but hopefully it should work for you too.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users