Call parking

pbxuser911

I was wondering if its possible to park a call by doing the following actions:

when i have a call i will transfer it *85, the PBX will then announce me which "parking spot" it assigned it to, for example "your call has been parked on orbit 301" then i will announce on overhead paging, john you have a call on orbit 301, all john will have to do from any phone in the building dial *86 and it will ask him please enter the parking orbit you would like to pick up

if its do-able, i dont see how to do it, maybe someoen can help me

it seems as right now all im able to do is put a call on orbit of the extension, which is ok, but then when i go to retrieve the call, it gives the the "first come first serve"

i want only 1 parking per orbit, and the PBX to tell me which Orbit its parked on

I was wondering if its possible to park a call by doing the following actions:

when i have a call i will transfer it *85, the PBX will then announce me which "parking spot" it assigned it to, for example "your call has been parked on orbit 301" then i will announce on overhead paging, john you have a call on orbit 301, all john will have to do from any phone in the building dial *86 and it will ask him please enter the parking orbit you would like to pick up

if its do-able, i dont see how to do it, maybe someoen can help me

it seems as right now all im able to do is put a call on orbit of the extension, which is ok, but then when i go to retrieve the call, it gives the the "first come first serve"

i want only 1 parking per orbit, and the PBX to tell me which Orbit its parked on

He should pick it up with *86301 if he wants it only from orbit 301.

Or put "*" into the setting "Explicitly specify park orbit preference". Then the PBX will prompt for the orbit on those extensions where you put the "*". So maybe for the one who usually parks the calls put the orbits there, and all others who usually pick calls up put a "*" there.

What id like to see is that all i have to do is dial *85 and the PBX will come back to me and tell me "your call has been parked on orbit5000" then i can announce on loud speaker, john get call 5000, and he will be able to dial from anywhere *865000,

right now when i dial *85 it will only allow to park in on a Extension Number

set up that by default extension xxx is used to park a call. While in a conversation, press ## to initiate a transfer, then dial xxx.

PBX will now announce the parking extension, most probably XXX or XXX. Now hang up - the caller will be left on hold at the announced extention. Walk up to a different phone, dial xxx and the conversation can be continued. If a caller has been parked for a longer time than the specified time limit then Asterisk will again ring the originally dialed extension.

What id like to see is that all i have to do is dial *85 and the PBX will come back to me and tell me "your call has been parked on orbit5000" then i can announce on loud speaker, john get call 5000, and he will be able to dial from anywhere *865000,

right now when i dial *85 it will only allow to park in on a Extension Number

set up that by default extension xxx is used to park a call. While in a conversation, press ## to initiate a transfer, then dial xxx.

PBX will now announce the parking extension, most probably XXX or XXX. Now hang up - the caller will be left on hold at the announced extention. Walk up to a different phone, dial xxx and the conversation can be continued. If a caller has been parked for a longer time than the specified time limit then Asterisk will again ring the originally dialed extension.

I use the 'Buttons' feature in combination with SNOM Phones where i defined two 'park orbit' buttons as 'PARK1' and 'PARK2' function. On every phone the call can be put in these specific Park Orbits just by pressing the button while having the line. On every phone it will be visible if a call is parked in PARK1 or PARK2. By pressing the button the call can be continued on every phone.

This setup works perfect in our relatively small environment.

• 4 weeks later...
I use the 'Buttons' feature in combination with SNOM Phones where i defined two 'park orbit' buttons as 'PARK1' and 'PARK2' function. On every phone the call can be put in these specific Park Orbits just by pressing the button while having the line. On every phone it will be visible if a call is parked in PARK1 or PARK2. By pressing the button the call can be continued on every phone.

This setup works perfect in our relatively small environment.

That's exactly I'd like to set-up buttons on our SNOM Phones with no sucess. I'm able to SEE the calls in the orbit (LED flashing), RETREIVE calls out of the orbit by pressing this button, but not to PARK the calls into the orbit.

The problem is setting up the Button in the SNOM-User-Webinterface:

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using an extension with a phone registered, this phone will ring by pressing the Park Orbit Button

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using an extension with no phone registered the caller gets the message that the extension isn't available right now and gets disconnected

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using a hunt group is the same as above, depending wheter a registered phone is a member of the hunt group or not

Current workaround:

Pressing the transfer Button, dialling *85EXT to put into orbit. Pressing Function Button to retreive the call.

Any Idea to use the same button to put the call into the orbit?

That's exactly I'd like to set-up buttons on our SNOM Phones with no sucess. I'm able to SEE the calls in the orbit (LED flashing), RETREIVE calls out of the orbit by pressing this button, but not to PARK the calls into the orbit.

The problem is setting up the Button in the SNOM-User-Webinterface:

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using an extension with a phone registered, this phone will ring by pressing the Park Orbit Button

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using an extension with no phone registered the caller gets the message that the extension isn't available right now and gets disconnected

- If I specify the Park Orbit's Extension using a hunt group is the same as above, depending wheter a registered phone is a member of the hunt group or not

Current workaround:

Pressing the transfer Button, dialling *85EXT to put into orbit. Pressing Function Button to retreive the call.

Any Idea to use the same button to put the call into the orbit?

Now I have the half solution found myself. There is a totally different behaviour between setting up a Park Orbit Button in the Web-Interface of the SNOM Phone and setting up a Park Orbit Button in the Button-Settings of PBXnSIP. The last does something magic: Pressing the button while a call is active, it dials *85EXT (where Extension is the specified Park Orbit Extension in the Button Settings of PBXnSIP). Pressing this button while a call is in the Park Orbit causes the phone to dial *60RANDOM (where RANDOM is a irreproducable Number) I absolutely cannot understand, but that work.

BUT: Now I still have an unresolved problem.

This only works as long as calls received on SIP-Identity #1 of the SNOM Phone. On all other Identities (same PBX of course) I doesn't work. I always get the voice-message that the call couldn't be parked.

Any idea?

Now I have the half solution found myself. There is a totally different behaviour between setting up a Park Orbit Button in the Web-Interface of the SNOM Phone and setting up a Park Orbit Button in the Button-Settings of PBXnSIP. The last does something magic: Pressing the button while a call is active, it dials *85EXT (where Extension is the specified Park Orbit Extension in the Button Settings of PBXnSIP). Pressing this button while a call is in the Park Orbit causes the phone to dial *60RANDOM (where RANDOM is a irreproducable Number) I absolutely cannot understand, but that work.

BUT: Now I still have an unresolved problem.

This only works as long as calls received on SIP-Identity #1 of the SNOM Phone. On all other Identities (same PBX of course) I doesn't work. I always get the voice-message that the call couldn't be parked.

Multiple identies on one handset are always a headache. If you are using buttons, you can tell the phone what identity context to use for a button. The PBX usually stays out of this dangerous water; but in your case it might make sense to bind it to a specific identity.

Multiple identies on one handset are always a headache. If you are using buttons, you can tell the phone what identity context to use for a button. The PBX usually stays out of this dangerous water; but in your case it might make sense to bind it to a specific identity.

I tried this with binding to each other identity, but without success. The problem must be elsewhere. Now I tried to dial *85 and I get the announcement "Call cannot be parked" too. I compared all the remaining SIP-related settings on the Snom Phone for each identity and they all seem to be the same...

Hold it! In the meantime I got help on another topic (Multiple SIP-Registrations by pnp-Settings). NOW IT WORKS! It depends wether I set the additional SIP-Registrations by hand on the SNOM-Phone or by pnp-settings of the PBX! The buttons remain "to all SIP-Identities on the Phone" and it works...