4.0 Beta

YMSL

The phones have 4 line buttons and that is all we require four our small business. The goal is to allow someone put a call on hold on one extension and allow it to be picked up on another extension. PBXnSIP shows that they only support SNOM phones with this type of setup

I dont think key emulation works with Aastra, but would be a fantastic if they added it. We see a lot of packet8 drop off and it would be nice to support their existing phones with key system emulation.

The other problem we have is with DTMF - it is hit or miss as to when it works making it impossible to navagate phone menu's when calling Credit Card Co, even My sip provider SOTEL

Tell itLogistix to use nexSIP trunks :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a part of mySQL also right? I hope the login is fixed (disable grants).. :)

No, we dropped the idea of supporting mySQL natively... First of all, there is email2db available (and probably other tools as well), which makes it very easy and reliable to send the CDR into a database of your choice (mySQL, postgreSQL, SQLServer, Oracle, ...). The other thing is that mySQL does not exist in this form any more, check out the news about Sun Microsystems!

what is Authentication PIN for?

I like how the help (?) field pulls up external web page, but are we going to be able to white label those links? I hope so.

Can you make it so there is an option to disable users from changing this field: ANI for emergency calls

Alright, i hated to complain too much, but I agree that the help files would look much better if "white label-able".

Matt

No, we dropped the idea of supporting mySQL natively... First of all, there is email2db available (and probably other tools as well), which makes it very easy and reliable to send the CDR into a database of your choice (mySQL, postgreSQL, SQLServer, Oracle, ...). The other thing is that mySQL does not exist in this form any more, check out the news about Sun Microsystems!

If there is no mySQL then make it go into MS SQL. There is a free edition. It is a standard.

My Opinion.

matt

If there is no mySQL then make it go into MS SQL. There is a free edition. It is a standard.

My Opinion.

I used to tend to agree until I found out how easy and powerful it is to use email for this instead. It is a dinosaur technology, but it just works great. All kinds of workflow, achive, you name it is based on email. Email is not only for human interaction, it is also for machine machine interaction.

yea I dont like the email2db option myself. there are to many variables that can break. (email system, email2db app)

The SOAP XML CDR function will give all the same information right? (it will generate a XML for an agent logging in)

I agree MS SQL would be the best option, once we have it in SQL, we can do what ever we need to. Email2db is not ideal I did try it a while back.

I agree MS SQL would be the best option, once we have it in SQL, we can do what ever we need to. Email2db is not ideal I did try it a while back.

The problem with talking to the SQL servers of the world is that they all have their little dirty login mechanisms, way of stating the SQL statements etc. I thought it would be an ASCII-based protocol such as SMTP or POP3; but seems that was a mistake. You have to implement the whole history of mySQL versions with all their little changes in the protocol. So we are back to SOAP and Email.

Once again, your talking mySQL and we are talking Microsoft SQL. Have you taken a look at MS SQL?

Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

take care,

Matt

Yes MS SQL also requires a login, unless you are using an ODBC, which stores the login.

It should not be difficult to configure a data source, similar to the way any website stores a data source.

<!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2000/2005

<add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=PBXnSIP;uid=;pwd=;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

If you can't do this, then we will need to create a simple webpage to capture your soap traffic, and store in a SQL database.

Yes MS SQL also requires a login, unless you are using an ODBC, which stores the login.

It should not be difficult to configure a data source, similar to the way any website stores a data source.

<!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2000/2005

<add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=PBXnSIP;uid=;pwd=;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

If you can't do this, then we will need to create a simple webpage to capture your soap traffic, and store in a SQL database.

The issue here is not about storing these values(connection string). That part is easy and we can do it anytime. The major issue is the authentication mechanisms (for sending the user name / password / database names etc natively without using ODBC). That is the reason why we want to use a common interface (like the SOAP or email) and let the customer use whatever they are familiar / comfortable with on other side(MySQL, MS-SQL, postgres, Oracle etc). The advantage of this approach is that PBX does not have to tied into the database vendor's version cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the forum admin .. SOAP is the native answer .. all major databases have a native ability now to take input via SOAP without any 3rd party, here are the MSSQL docs .. I think your issue is you may not want to pay for it ..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms...23(SQL.90).aspx

odbc IS that open channel...

Matt

• 3 weeks later...