Router crash on incomming call

Leonmeijer

Hello All,

I'm using PBXnSIP on a single PC running Windows 2K3 and expereincing a problem.

I have a Sitecom modem/router ADSL2+ Annex A (no wireless) and it's crashing very commonly when an incomming call is reaching the PBX, the PBX logs that there have been a call but at the moment the trunk is forwarding the call, the router crashes and walks into a deadlock, resetting the thing by powering it off is the only solution...

I contacted Sitecom but they just say "We don't support PBXnSIP, go away".

I tried the following:

- Run PBXnSIP on another system - not working.

- Using another NIC - not working.

- Using another PBX system - ;) Working :) but... I want to use PBXnSIP.

Does PBX have any idea what could cause the problem? Maybe a codec setting or another setting in the trunk ?

THe trunk forwards the call to an agent group. (using 2 trunks, 2 voip accounts)

The problem is not always present...

Please help me

Regards,

Leon

I'm using PBXnSIP on a single PC running Windows 2K3 and expereincing a problem.

I have a Sitecom modem/router ADSL2+ Annex A (no wireless) and it's crashing very commonly when an incomming call is reaching the PBX, the PBX logs that there have been a call but at the moment the trunk is forwarding the call, the router crashes and walks into a deadlock, resetting the thing by powering it off is the only solution...

I contacted Sitecom but they just say "We don't support PBXnSIP, go away".

I tried the following:

- Run PBXnSIP on another system - not working.

- Using another NIC - not working.

- Using another PBX system - ;) Working :) but... I want to use PBXnSIP.

Does PBX have any idea what could cause the problem? Maybe a codec setting or another setting in the trunk ?

THe trunk forwards the call to an agent group. (using 2 trunks, 2 voip accounts)

The problem is not always present...

Nice.

Do they have an application layer gateway? If yes, try turning it off. ALG on a router are in most cases more trouble than they help anyway.

Or use TLS, so that the router just forwards encrypted traffic that could be HTTPS.

Nice.

Do they have an application layer gateway? If yes, try turning it off. ALG on a router are in most cases more trouble than they help anyway.

Or use TLS, so that the router just forwards encrypted traffic that could be HTTPS.

Hm, i guess they don't have ALG, I can't find something about it in the manual. Where do I need to set TLS settings? This router doesn't have many features, maybe I need to get something like a Fritz!box...

Any ideas?

Hm, i guess they don't have ALG, I can't find something about it in the manual. Where do I need to set TLS settings? This router doesn't have many features, maybe I need to get something like a Fritz!box...

Some routers also call their gateway "UPnP" (because the old Microsoft Messenger uses UPnP for getting a public SIP identity). Maybe you find something on the configuration page with the name "UPnP" and turn it off.

You do TLS on the SIP phone (and also on the PBX, but there it is available by default). It is like using the web browser with https - here the router also cannot see the traffic.

If you get a FritzBox 7270 then you can also use the ISDN gateway built-in to the FritzBox (see http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=1855).

Some routers also call their gateway "UPnP" (because the old Microsoft Messenger uses UPnP for getting a public SIP identity). Maybe you find something on the configuration page with the name "UPnP" and turn it off.

You do TLS on the SIP phone (and also on the PBX, but there it is available by default). It is like using the web browser with https - here the router also cannot see the traffic.

If you get a FritzBox 7270 then you can also use the ISDN gateway built-in to the FritzBox (see http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=1855).

Ah UPnP, ive disabled that from the scretch when I configured the router, I will enable TLS and when I have a fritz!box I think all will be working better, I've heard that friz! has a proper VoIP system built-in;)

Thanks for the help;)