Wavepad: Moh Conversion

MarkW S7

Hello,

I've been trying to get some music on hold running for our system. (I'm in a hosted multi tenant set up) I take a MP3, use my favorite music editor (WavePad), adjust the amplification of the music to match that of the PBX's default MoH, and save it as 16kBits/s, 8,000Hz, Mono, MPEG Layer-3. The MPEG Layer-3 format is the only format that has the 16/8000/mono format that the PBX wants. But When I place the file in the moh source file and create it in the PBX, all I get is loud static. Any guidance on a music editing program or method for implementing moh?

-Mark

I've been trying to get some music on hold running for our system. (I'm in a hosted multi tenant set up) I take a MP3, use my favorite music editor (WavePad), adjust the amplification of the music to match that of the PBX's default MoH, and save it as 16kBits/s, 8,000Hz, Mono, MPEG Layer-3. The MPEG Layer-3 format is the only format that has the 16/8000/mono format that the PBX wants. But When I place the file in the moh source file and create it in the PBX, all I get is loud static. Any guidance on a music editing program or method for implementing moh?

You need to write it as WAV, 8 kHz mono, 16 bit/sample which is 128 kbit/s. The PBX does not decode MP3 on the fly (also not AAC, WMA or other advanced formats).

I've used Wavepad for all our IVR editing, excellent tool

i wish i can find a tool to replace the expensive voice talents

If you don't mind which version of WavePad do you utilize? Also if you don't mind me asking, are you onsite installations, or a hosted setup like myself? The reason I ask is that our customers are wanting unique MoH's, but of course all that streaming from our core PBX out to the clients can be taxing to the system and network. If your a hosted system how do you go about the MoH?

If you don't mind which version of WavePad do you utilize? Also if you don't mind me asking, are you onsite installations, or a hosted setup like myself? The reason I ask is that our customers are wanting unique MoH's, but of course all that streaming from our core PBX out to the clients can be taxing to the system and network. If your a hosted system how do you go about the MoH?

The settings are working! Thanks.