v3.4 new feature--transfer button--how does this work?

mattlandis

I noticed a new feature in v3.4 that looks interesting but I can't seem to figure out how to use it: new TRANSFER button.

I think it allows a user to transfer a ringing call? Is this correct? if not, let me know what it does do.

tx

matt

Which button are you referring to? You mean the star-code/feature code?

It is possible to hit the transfer(dedicated) button on a ringing snom phone and punch in any number (including your voicemail) and transfer the call without picking it up.

Which button are you referring to? You mean the star-code/feature code?

It is possible to hit the transfer(dedicated) button on a ringing snom phone and punch in any number (including your voicemail) and transfer the call without picking it up.

You mean the redirect button mode? This is similar to DND, but instead of setting an extension on DND it toggles the call redirection to the specified target. When the redirection is engaged, the light will be on.

ok...it works like it is...

but all "redirect" lights come on if you have more than one. But it DOES redirect to the one you've pressed. ...you just can't (at a glance) see which one you redirected tooo...

but this is a feature i've requested from other ippbx vendors...so great!

:( Yes this is a old feature in the good old PBX systems, now also available on IP-PBX!

Yea the lights go on if there is a redirection set at all. But you are right, it should be only set if there is a match between the destination and the current value of the redirection. Next V4 will have it...

• 1 month later...