Customizing ring tones on Cisco 7960

mariotelephone

I was able to download ring tones and I can even press "settings" etc and see them and play them and even select one (check-marked the box) but when the phone receives a call, it uses the default ring. I even tried setting to option 2 that was in the phone by default and I still get the same original ring. Is there somewhere that the pbx specifies that the phone should use it's own ring setting rather than what the pbx says?

I was able to download ring tones and I can even press "settings" etc and see them and play them and even select one (check-marked the box) but when the phone receives a call, it uses the default ring. I even tried setting to option 2 that was in the phone by default and I still get the same original ring. Is there somewhere that the pbx specifies that the phone should use it's own ring setting rather than what the pbx says?

Currently PBX uses the ringtones.xml file to determine what to send in the "Alert-Info" header of the INVITE. For the regualr calls, we use only 2 types (1 for internal and other one for external). For the ACD calls, we can choose the Ring Melody on the ACD page.

ringtone.xml is attached for the reference. You can modify this file and keep it in the '<working folder>/html'. Let's say, if you clear the entries for CISCO phone in this file, then PBX will not send the "Alert-Info" header to the phone. So phone will use whatever is set locally. Note you will either have to restart the PBX service or reload the ringtone.xml using Admin->Settings->Configuration page.

ringtones.xml

Currently PBX uses the ringtones.xml file to determine what to send in the "Alert-Info" header of the INVITE. For the regualr calls, we use only 2 types (1 for internal and other one for external). For the ACD calls, we can choose the Ring Melody on the ACD page.

ringtone.xml is attached for the reference. You can modify this file and keep it in the '<working folder>/html'. Let's say, if you clear the entries for CISCO phone in this file, then PBX will not send the "Alert-Info" header to the phone. So phone will use whatever is set locally. Note you will either have to restart the PBX service or reload the ringtone.xml using Admin->Settings->Configuration page.

Before I began, I saw that <workingdir>\html was an empty folder. I copied your ringtone.xml there and restarted the pbx -- no effect. Then I erased the bellcore part of the "cisco" line, but left the remainder of the line -- no effect. Then I erased the cicso lines completely -- no change... and yes, I did restart the pnx between attempts...

Can you provide a sample file as it should be for my cisco 7960s please? Also, how does the pbx know there is a cisco phone at the extension? Thanks

Before I began, I saw that <workingdir>\html was an empty folder. I copied your ringtone.xml there and restarted the pbx -- no effect. Then I erased the bellcore part of the "cisco" line, but left the remainder of the line -- no effect. Then I erased the cicso lines completely -- no change... and yes, I did restart the pnx between attempts...

Can you provide a sample file as it should be for my cisco 7960s please? Also, how does the pbx know there is a cisco phone at the extension? Thanks

Edit your ringtones.xml file and update the following sections with the below information. Basically, after the changes and the PBX restart, PBX should not be sending the "Alert-Info" header to the CISCO phones.

<tone name="internal" type="internal">

<vendor ua="Polycom.*" type="alert-info">Internal</vendor>

<vendor ua="Cisco-.*" type="alert-info"></vendor>

<vendor ua="Grandstream HT-.*" type="alert-info"></vendor>

<vendor type="alert-info"><http://127.0.0.1/Bellcore-dr2></vendor>

</tone>

<tone name="external" type="external">

<vendor ua="Polycom.*" type="alert-info">External</vendor>

<vendor><http://127.0.0.1/Bellcore-dr3></vendor>

</tone>

Edit your ringtones.xml file and update the following sections with the below information. Basically, after the changes and the PBX restart, PBX should not be sending the "Alert-Info" header to the CISCO phones.

<tone name="internal" type="internal">

<vendor ua="Polycom.*" type="alert-info">Internal</vendor>

<vendor type="alert-info"><http://127.0.0.1/Bellcore-dr2></vendor>

</tone>

<tone name="external" type="external">

<vendor ua="Polycom.*" type="alert-info">External</vendor>

<vendor><http://127.0.0.1/Bellcore-dr3></vendor>

</tone>

HOW DOES THE PBX KNOW THAT THE PHONE IS A CISCO?

• 1 year later...
Guest whhenyuan

Our products include PABX, Telephone voice logger system, IP phone,Voip gateway, GSM/CDMA FWT/FWP etc.

If you are interested in any of our products, please feel free to contact with us for more

information. We are looking forward to forming business relations with customers from

all over the world for mutual benefit

Henyuan Technology Corp

TEL:0086-27-68761332

FAX:0086-27-68766423

www.china-pbx.cn