Odd Behavior CS-410

Bill H

Our customer was reporting that the Auto Attendant was playing the announcement very slowwwwly.

I had him do a power reset to clear out any glitch type of troubles.

Then the CS-410 would not work.

The Run LED was flashing, none of the phones were working, I could not connect to its web browser but I could connect through SSH.

After awhile, thankfully, it started to work again by itself.

Has anyone else seen this?

Usually when it gets very slow, this is a sign that there is something going on with the box that takes a lot of CPU resources. It could be that the web server gets stressed (for example, someone trying automatically to log on all the time; we had such a case) or something internal like the file system gets fully and the kernel needs to collect the empty pieces on the Flash.

The CS410 is a very small system, it easily gets to its limits.

• 4 weeks later...
Usually when it gets very slow, this is a sign that there is something going on with the box that takes a lot of CPU resources. It could be that the web server gets stressed (for example, someone trying automatically to log on all the time; we had such a case) or something internal like the file system gets fully and the kernel needs to collect the empty pieces on the Flash.

The CS410 is a very small system, it easily gets to its limits.

Update..............

It appears that this customer has a lot of telephone traffic for a CS-410.

The CDR Folder had over 20,000 call records in it.

I believe this was consuming most of or even all the memory in the CS-410.

It took some time with SSH to delete them all.

Call Logging was turned off, so how can I eliminate information being sent to the CDR/Localhost folder??? Just delete it????

Update..............

It appears that this customer has a lot of telephone traffic for a CS-410.

The CDR Folder had over 20,000 call records in it.

I believe this was consuming most of or even all the memory in the CS-410.

It took some time with SSH to delete them all.

Call Logging was turned off, so how can I eliminate information being sent to the CDR/Localhost folder??? Just delete it????

Bump

How can I eliminate information being sent to the CDR/Localhost folder???

Bump

How can I eliminate information being sent to the CDR/Localhost folder???

Bill you can set "Keep CDR Duration" for a 5 sec for example, This will help keep things under control. This is setting will enable the system to delete the cdr after 5 seconds.

Article on Keep CDR Duration (smhd):

The Keep CDR Duration (smhd) allows you to choose the length of time of the PBX keeps Call Data Record in the database. The Duration is in seconds, minutes, hours, days = (smhd).

It is Important to note that if you set this "Keep CDR Duration (smhd)" to a long period, for example 100d (100 days), you will be caching and displaying 100 days of call data records. This is CPU intensive and can affect your system performance and use up disk space.

Note that you have set only one of the 4 options (seconds, minutes, hours or days). You can not mix them.

Examples of valid data: 7d or 6h or 45m or 30s etc.

Examples of invalid data: 7d6h or 8h30m etc.

We recommend at least 1 day, and have the system send the call logs to an external email address for keeping or further processing. It's also unfortunate the OEM builder when they compiled the kernel, they chose to not include CRON. However, since the startup is a series of scripts, it would be easy enough to add a script to delete cdr's during the boot or restart process.