Snow Leopard Server Install

mongoman

OK, I'm trying to install snomone on a Snow Leopard Server.

I did everything as instructed, ran the installation program which apparently succeded.

But I can't access the http://localhost admin interface.

I have changed the ports in the pbx.xml file to ports that are available on my system, such as http port 83.

But I can't connect to localhost:83 either. I dont see that fancy admin interface.

Here's as far as my diagnostic skills have taken me:

- I have ports in pbx.xml that are available.

- There is no error log in my /usr/Applications/snomone directory as some other post suggested should be there if there were port conflicts.

- I have tried to manually PBX stop and PBX start my service - again, no error messages were given, but when I run the PBX stop command right

after I started PBX, I'm getting:

Stopping the PBX Service

No matching processes belonging to you were found

So it appears that PBX never ran. I'm really blindfolded as to where to turn to next; my Snow Leopard server is a brand new installation and there are no logs or error messages that would indicate what could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mongoman

Oh and yes I have tried the other builts that were mention in some other post, so I am now on pbxctrl version 4.2.0.3962.

As I dig into this, here's something odd:

./pbxctrl-darwin9.0 --no-daemon --log 9

gives me:

Could not bind socket to port 80 on IP 0.0.0.0

- WHY?! First, I set my httpd port to 90 in pbx.xml

Second, my IP certainly is not 0.0.0.0 - what's wrong here?

Thanks

OK Thank you, I figured that out, and it is now looking to connect to port 90.

But still, the IP is listed as 0.0.0.0 :

[5] 20110413152925: Starting threads[0] 20110413152925: Could not bind socket to port 90 on IP 0.0.0.0[0] 20110413152925: FATAL: Could not open TCP port 90 for HTTP/HTTPS[0] 20110413152925: Could not bind socket to port 90 on IP [::][0] 20110413152925: FATAL: Could not open TCP port 90 for HTTP/HTTPS[0] 20110413152925: Could not bind socket to port 444 on IP 0.0.0.0

Something doesn't seem right here...

Any further ideas? I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem as I'm working on an out-of-the-box new snow leopard server system.

The next version will make life easier when ports are blocked. As for right now, I agree this version is bitchy about unavailable ports and you need to fix it either by turning off the other services (especially the LDAP port comes as a big surprise) or manually editing the XML file.

But still, the IP is listed as 0.0.0.0 :

Don't worry about the 0.0.0.0. The issue is that PBX still can't get the port 90 and 444. So, I would focus on figuring out who is using those ports. You can use netstat command with options to find it.

Also, between the stop & start, wait for 30-60 seconds. It is an issue on Mac and Linux based systems.

• 11 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. To test i downloaded the free version of snow one and set it up to mac lion server. For two weeks i can use it internaly but cannot get any sip trunk working. Do you have a solution to fix this issue.? If so please let me know.