Day AA

Hi,

I'm having trouble with what i think should be a very simple setup

i have setup the following, a trunk comes into the system which hits a hunt group Ext 440 which is set up as-

Stages:

Stage 1 Extensions:101 102 Duration 10 seconds

Stage 2 Extensions: Duration

Stage 3 Extensions: Duration

Final Stage:400(which is a auto attendant)

the auto attendant gives the caller 2 options 1 (8101) to leave a message and 2 which forwards to a second hunt group.

Extension 441

Stages:

Stage 1 Extensions:101 102 Duration 10 seconds

Stage 2 Extensions: Duration

Stage 3 Extensions: Duration

Final Stage:8101 When the call reaches the final stage it disconnects the call it should go to extension 101 voicemail box

please help

There is a 'max_loop' global parameter on the PBX and the default value for it is 10. Maybe you are hitting that ceiling. If that is the case, you can either increase that value to a higher number (say 25 or 50 or something else) OR you can turn off the loop detection on the Admin->Settings page (and restart the PBX).

You will see "Too many redirection loops", in the log file if this is the reason.

No, loop detection is something else (loop outside of the PBX). You can as well just edit the pbx.xml file, which is in the working directory of the PBX where you can find the max_loop parameter. This change will require a restart of the PBX (not as convenient as changing it from the web interface).

I have turned off loop detection and restarted the PBX but its still disconnecting the call

As mentioned in the last post, the loop detection setting(on Admin->Settings page) is not the right setting for this issue. Sorry about that.

But you can change the max loop based the following help link.

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Global_Configuration_File:

Ex: http://localhost/reg_status.htm?save=save&max_loop=50

This method does not require PBX reboot.