Snom One as LYnc Gateway

Jason Lee

We are trying to use Snom One as a gateway for Microsoft Lync to Flowroute.com.

Registration of the Trunk to Flowroute gives a 200 OK and calls are being passed to SnomOne from Lync.

However we are missing the appropriate dialing rule or something to route the call from Lync to Flowroute as a sip call to the PSTN.

Log file returns:

Trunk Status: FLowroute (2) Changed to "200 ok"

Domain trunk Lync@domain.com could not identify user for 11231234567 (where 11231234567 is the PSTN telephone number we are calling.)

What do i need to configure to tell SnomOne to route the call from Lync to Flowroute and not attempt to hand it off to a SnomOne extension?

Well that you are trying to do is route the call from one trunk to another trunk. So in addition to the trunk to flowroute, you need to have another trunk that goes to Lync. On that trunk, you must tell the PBX what dialplan to use, and the way it works right now is to tell the PBX to "assume the call comes from an extension"; and assign that extension the right dial plan. This would be outbound dialling then.

Inbound will also be challenging. you probably have to do the same thing and tell the PBX which extension to assume, so that the call can be dialled in the other direction. I would choose two extensions with two dial plans, so that the outbound dial plan always lands on the trunk to flowroute and the inbound always lands on the inbound always lands on the trunk to Lync.

I have never tried this; using the PBX as a IP-IP gateway sounds like an interesting experiment...

Well that you are trying to do is route the call from one trunk to another trunk. So in addition to the trunk to flowroute, you need to have another trunk that goes to Lync. On that trunk, you must tell the PBX what dialplan to use, and the way it works right now is to tell the PBX to "assume the call comes from an extension"; and assign that extension the right dial plan. This would be outbound dialling then.

Inbound will also be challenging. you probably have to do the same thing and tell the PBX which extension to assume, so that the call can be dialled in the other direction. I would choose two extensions with two dial plans, so that the outbound dial plan always lands on the trunk to flowroute and the inbound always lands on the inbound always lands on the trunk to Lync.

I have never tried this; using the PBX as a IP-IP gateway sounds like an interesting experiment...

actually guys, i have a blog post planned for publication this week to step through this snomONE as a gateway business!! ;-)

see it here

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com

follow twitter @matthewlandis

http://twitter.com/#!/matthewlandis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...