720 phones not registering

Randall Garner

Are you using 4.3 or 4.5 version of the PBX? If you are using 4.3, it may not work right off the bat. You will have to modify the pnp.xml and add couple of PnP files.

If you are using 4.5 it should work.

Which firmware version are you running on the 720? all 720 firmware versions are very buggy, however every version has different bugs, some do not support PNP.

Are you using 4.3 or 4.5 version of the PBX? If you are using 4.3, it may not work right off the bat. You will have to modify the pnp.xml and add couple of PnP files.

If you are using 4.5 it should work.

From the Snom One Status screen, we are running Version: 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Linux)

I tried to update the Snom One Plus by folloing the following link - http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Snom_ONE_plus_update

But it doesn't seem to work. When I access the "Update nom ONE plus" page, I don't have any checkboxes to select the components to update - the screen actually looks like like the screen shot in Step 2, including the versions. I've clicked the Checked & Update button, clicked OK to the next box, then waited for over three hours and no auto reboot. Per the instructions, I manually rebooted, but the update did not happend.

Ultimately, I was trying to update the software to 4.5 to see if that helped with my 720's not registering.

Finally made some progress!

I noticed my License had not been entered and activated - lines won't register without the License. I purchased the ONE Plus thinking this was setup already (I assumed because the FXO cards came installed). After entering the Activation Key, it still would not accept the key. I got to looking around in the Server Console and found the Hardware Validation had not been completed neither. When I tried to validate, it wouldn't take just like the License, so got me thinking about if the PBX was accessing the internet. Next, I located the Network Utilites and used PING and TRACERT to find the device was not able to connect to the internet. I had the IP address configured (obviously since I could access the web interface - although I had to correct this "out of the box" to gain access), but not the Gateway or DNS. After entering this information and a reboot, PING and TRACERT were both successful.

Since I was still in the Server Console, I tried the Hardware Validation - success. Also while in the Server Console, I navigated to the Update snom ONE Plus page and successfully completed the update. We're now on v4.5.0.1050.

Continued back to ONE Admin and attempted to activate the license again - still no luck. I guess I'll have to take this up with the place I purchased the system from tomorrow.

But in the meantime and sake for testing the 720 registration, I set the License to Temporary. A quick reboot of the phone and found it sucessfully configured itself and registered.

My problem was my assumption I was purchasing a solution ready to go out of the box and the lack of a true getting started guide to let me know what had already been and what needed to be completed - though I am not sure if this burden would be on snom or the vendor.

A big "Thanks!" to all that reviewed my post and spent time helping.

Randall