snomONE update failed

We are having issues with various extensions not receiving inbound calls. Inbound calls, either external or internal, are immediately sent to the extensions voicemail. The phones having this issue can make outbounds calls just fine.

I've updated the firmware on all of our phones, but this did not resolve the problem.

Next, I researched an update for the snomONE PBX software and found we are currently running version 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Win64). When looking at the update website, I found newer version available = 2011-4.5.0.1050.

I followed the instructions for the update. Immediately after the update, everything seemed to work fine on the few phones I could get my hands on and reboot - inbound and outbound calls worked. However, after about an hour or two, users reported they could not make any outbound calls, but instead received noise on the line. Shortly after that, we could receive inbound call rings, but tried to pickup the call and could not hear the callers audio.

Any advise or ideas how I can handle the original issue and/or complete the PBX update successfully?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Randall

Hmm, first thing comes to my mind: NAT involved? Cheap routers and many UDP/TCP connections? Limited bandwidth? Second, you should check if there were IP addresses automatically disabled (Admin/Access). If thats the case, explicitly allow access from those addresses (especially if they are in the LAN).

There are other reasons like IP address conflicts that can cause very annoying effects. You can also use the automatics email reporting when one of the extensionbs is loosing registrations; This is a good way to see how stable the connection to the phone is, 24/7.

Hmm, first thing comes to my mind: NAT involved? Cheap routers and many UDP/TCP connections? Limited bandwidth? Second, you should check if there were IP addresses automatically disabled (Admin/Access). If thats the case, explicitly allow access from those addresses (especially if they are in the LAN).

There are other reasons like IP address conflicts that can cause very annoying effects. You can also use the automatics email reporting when one of the extensionbs is loosing registrations; This is a good way to see how stable the connection to the phone is, 24/7.

No NAT. Trunk is connected directly to PBX on one NIC, and a second NIC connected to the 1GB LAN. No routers in the way and I don't think it's limited bandwidth since the trunk is delivered on a 5MB Syncronous Fiber Circuit.

I just confirmed there are no entries in the IP Access Control list. I did create an Allow entry for our LAN subnet.

I don't think there are IP conflicts as all phones have been assigned static in a range far away from DHCP scope. How do I setup auto email on registration issues?

No NAT. Trunk is connected directly to PBX on one NIC, and a second NIC connected to the 1GB LAN. No routers in the way and I don't think it's limited bandwidth since the trunk is delivered on a 5MB Syncronous Fiber Circuit.

In Windows, AFAIK the default configuration prefers the NIC with the highest link speed. Maybe your traffic gets routed over the 2nd NIC by accident.

How do I setup auto email on registration issues?

First of all, you must be able to send emails out. Then you just go into the domain, then the extension and then registrations, there is a drop down where you can select to send an email when the registration changes.