Version 5.0.3

Vodia PBX

We have finished the version 5.0.3. The release notes can be found at http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_5.0, as usual.

This release takes snom phone provisioning to the next level. We added device-specific button profiles and integrated the snom XML RPC mechanism into the PBX. Also we found a major glitch on the fax2email for non-Windows builds that might give you that aha-effect for this feature.

P.S. Make a backup before the upgrade, please. Memory has become so cheap, it is a mistake not to have backups.

• 2 weeks later...

We have finished the version 5.0.3. The release notes can be found at http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_5.0, as usual.

This release takes snom phone provisioning to the next level. We added device-specific button profiles and integrated the snom XML RPC mechanism into the PBX. Also we found a major glitch on the fax2email for non-Windows builds that might give you that aha-effect for this feature.

P.S. Make a backup before the upgrade, please. Memory has become so cheap, it is a mistake not to have backups.

very nice but... my v4 license is not supported anymore? I've started at PBXnSIP v1, never had to buy a new license but from 4 to 5 seems to be a bit of a problem. Can't imagine an upgrade should be payed for these days?!

Even the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 cost money rolleyes.gif. Or for example, Adobe upgrade cost can be hefty, especially if you have twenty licenses in the company. The problem is that the snom ONE V4 editions were heavily subsidized: selling a 250 extensions PBX for a symbolic price was just too good to be true; V5 needed to correct that. Just for the record: pbxnsip prices were on average significantly higher than the V5 prices.

Even the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 cost money rolleyes.gif. Or for example, Adobe upgrade cost can be hefty, especially if you have twenty licenses in the company. The problem is that the snom ONE V4 editions were heavily subsidized: selling a 250 extensions PBX for a symbolic price was just too good to be true; V5 needed to correct that. Just for the record: pbxnsip prices were on average significantly higher than the V5 prices.

Okay, thanks for the explaination, will remain on v4.5.1 here, it's actually good enough except that I miss the fax2mail feature which I requested many times :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 10-user pbxnsip licence and I bought me a 3 jear upgrade licence at the same time. My upgrade is still active now in 2013, but my licence key will not work, from what I see here : what is snom doing with that ?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see it listed anywhere or I am blind, how many park orbits come with the Version 5.x.x

Thank you,

Steve

Almost sounds like a bug, but AFAIK it is not limited (it does count as account, though).

Since you're awake.. :)

I installed 5.0.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.1 with the debian script and at the end of the install it downloaded the CentOS64 pbx-ctrl, is this normal? It seems to work for the web side, haven't installed a license yet.

root@BarSYS-ZZH:/# chmod a+rx install-debian.sh
root@BarSYS-ZZH:/# ./install-debian.sh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
ntp : Depends: libopts25 (>= 1:5.12) but it is not going to be installed
snomone:i386 : Depends: bash:i386 (>= 2.05a-11) but it is not going to be insta                 lled
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a s                 olution).
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
snomone:i386 : Depends: bash:i386 (>= 2.05a-11) but it is not going to be insta                 lled
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a s                 olution).
--2013-01-22 22:30:52--  http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/audio/audio_en                 .zip
Resolving www.snomone.com (www.snomone.com)... 46.252.197.164
Connecting to www.snomone.com (www.snomone.com)|46.252.197.164|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10389084 (9.9M) [application/zip]
Saving to: `audio_en.zip'

100%[======================================>] 10,389,084  2.15M/s   in 9.3s

2013-01-22 22:31:02 (1.07 MB/s) - `audio_en.zip' saved [10389084/10389084]

./install-debian.sh: line 65: unzip: command not found
--2013-01-22 22:31:02--  http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/audio/audio_de                 .zip
Connecting to www.snomone.com (www.snomone.com)|46.252.197.164|:80... connected.
Length: 14870001 (14M) [application/zip]
Saving to: `audio_de.zip'

100%[======================================>] 14,870,001  2.25M/s   in 8.0s

2013-01-22 22:31:10 (1.78 MB/s) - `audio_de.zip' saved [14870001/14870001]

--2013-01-22 22:31:10--  http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/audio/audio_mo                 h.zip
Length: 856238 (836K) [application/zip]
Saving to: `audio_moh.zip'

100%[======================================>] 856,238      580K/s   in 1.4s

2013-01-22 22:31:12 (580 KB/s) - `audio_moh.zip' saved [856238/856238]

--2013-01-22 22:31:12--  http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/centos64/pbxct                 rl-centos64-5.0.3
Length: 12353888 (12M) [text/plain]
Saving to: `pbxctrl-centos64-5.0.3'

100%[======================================>] 12,353,888  3.18M/s   in 5.2s

2013-01-22 22:31:18 (2.28 MB/s) - `pbxctrl-centos64-5.0.3' saved [12353888/12353                 888]

Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/snomone ...
  /etc/rc0.d/K20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc1.d/K20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc6.d/K20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc2.d/S20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc3.d/S20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc4.d/S20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
  /etc/rc5.d/S20snomone -> ../init.d/snomone
Starting snomone daemon

Right now we don't support Ubuntu... We had to draw a line somewhere. Not sure how close Ubuntu is to CentOS or Debian.

Ubuntu is based on Debian, but that is not my point. The Debian install script is downloading http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/centos64/pbxctrl-centos64-5.0.3 not the Debian 64 bit pbxctrl file, why is that? I will try a fresh install with Debian and see if it does the same thing.

Ubuntu is based on Debian, but that is not my point. The Debian install script is downloading http://www.snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/centos64/pbxctrl-centos64-5.0.3 not the Debian 64 bit pbxctrl file, why is that? I will try a fresh install with Debian and see if it does the same thing.

Ok, so that was a waste of time, even in Debian, the Debian script downloads the CentOS pbxctrl file. After looking at the install script "install-debian.sh" the first line says:

#
# Installer for snom ONE on CentOS
#

later on it performs the following:

# Get the executable:
wget $DOWNLOAD_PATH/centos$BITS/pbxctrl-centos$BITS-$VERSION

mv pbxctrl-centos$BITS-$VERSION pbxctrl
chmod a+rx pbxctrl

Even when I download the 64 bit Debian version, the status file says CentOS6, are they the same file?

Had to reboot server and the manually downloaded 64 Bit Debian file worked and Status is correct. There is still a problem with the installer script though :)

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if their are any known issues with registration of phones. A customer of mine has a Vodia PBX V5.0.3 and uses Snom 870 (8.7.3.19) phones. The issue they are facing has happened several times. All phones currently registered are fine but if one is disconnected for whatever reason, it will NEVER re-register. Once a reboot of Vodia PBX is done, the phone registers just fine. They don't want to keep rebooting every couple weeks. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Thank you.

If you have set up the 870 for automatic provisioning and did not change the provisioning template, it will also upgrade the 870 to a newer version that we found to be more stable than the previous releases.

P.S. Make a backup of the PBX working directory before ANY upgrade.

My customer is having random issues with their Snom 870 phones. They will be upgrading their PBX to V5.2.3 very soon and they would like a list of compatible IP phones that are guaranteed to work with version 5.2.3. Also, do you recommend one IP phone over another? Please let me know your thoughts on this request as they want to move forward with the purchase of new IP phones. Thank you very much.