Windows Phone 8 phones can't open voicemails

DLS

Hi,

Just found out from a client that the new Windows 8 Phones (in this case, the Nokia Lumia 920) don't support the format/version of WAV file created by Snom ONE - is it possible to change the format of the file to something else?

This is with Snome ONE 4.5.0.1075 Delta Aurigids (Win64)

Thanks,

Andrew

Found this post...

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3358311-support-wav-file-it-s-obscured-that-you-don-t-

:rolleyes:

I think the wav format has been around since v1, maybe development has some suggestions.

Just to check I didn't miss anything in that post - it's just reiterating that this is a problem for multiple vendors, not just Snom... there wasn't a fix in there?

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Sorry to take so long to reply - tried this setting, it doesn't make any difference whether it is true or false, the recordings can't be played back on a WP8 phone. It looks like the WP8 OS doesn't support WAV files in GSM format.

Any other options?

Thanks

Andrew

Seems the only solution right now is to use some external conversion services. At least now it is possible to use custom headers, for example to add a Reply-To header. We have seen a case where an external server did the speed-to-text conversion.

We can add other codecs; however they need to be "trivial". Looking at what Windows phone 8 is supporting, I just cannot spot anything less complex than MP3. blink.gif

Seems the only solution right now is to use some external conversion services. At least now it is possible to use custom headers, for example to add a Reply-To header. We have seen a case where an external server did the speed-to-text conversion.

We can add other codecs; however they need to be "trivial". Looking at what Windows phone 8 is supporting, I just cannot spot anything less complex than MP3. blink.gif

I believe that WAV as a container is supported, just not GSM encoding inside it. According to the Nokia website, these are the codecs and containers supported by WP8:

Codecs: MP3, AMR-WB, AMR-NB, WMA 10 Pro, WMA 9, AAC LC, AAC+/HEAAC, eAAC+/HEAACv2

Audio playback file formats: ASF, MP4, AAC, AMR, MP3, M4A, WMA, 3GP, 3G2

Cheers,

Andrew