Nightservice Number

Wouter Keizer

Hoi all,

We use and old PBXnSIP 3.4.0.3201 (Win32) server.

We switcht from trunk provider recently and now we have an issue with call forwarding

The call must be forwardes to a Cell outside office hours.

The forward works perfect but i need to see the original caller number on my Cell.

My new trunk proviced did a sip trace and say it is because the PBXnSIP server uses a INVITE to set up a new call to the cell and connects it to the original call. If the server could use a 302 Redirect command to redirect the call to the Cell the problem would be solved.

I can not find any setting that can do this.

The reason for this change is the it is illegal to make a new call (INVITE) with a Caller ID that is not owned by the PBX.

When i use a SNOM 300/320 phone to set up the redirection (In the phone its self) is does work but i dont want that because the local lan goes down with a powerfailure and the redirect wont work. The forwarded calls are essential because it is for emergancy calls from stuk elevators from our cusromers and need to be redirected always !!

I hope there is a way to Configure the PBXnSIP to use 302 redirect instead of INVITE to forward the call.

Kind regards,

Wouter Keizer

Well, that is a "classic problem" and the reason why we changed the trunk header representation from version 4.3 to 4.5. In version 5, we even support the "In-Reply-To" header which was, believe it or not, already specified in the year 2002 by the IETF for this purpose (but the industry support for this header is pretty weak so far).

3xx headers are not the answer because then the call will not be on the PBX anymore. You would completely loose the cell phone functionality (e.g. when the cell phone is turned off, you always go to the cell phone mailbox) and also other functions that make a PBX valuable get lost (call recording, barge in, transfer, and others).