fax receiving interrupts exactly after 5 minutes

gifti

Hello all,

we use Fax2Email and we are very happy with that.

But if someone sends us a bigger fax with more than about 5 or 6 pages, the mailbox interrupts the call exactly after 5 minutes. :blink:

Maximum voicemail duration is set to 0.

post-27088-0-94362600-1362578988_thumb.png

I tested with 15 pages from a G3 fax. After every fifth minute the connection interrupts.

Then the fax starts with the remaining pages. So the whole fax was divided into 3 parts.

The last part (3 pages) has been sended per mail (notify with attachment from snomONE).

The other two parts are only visible in the mailbox.

When i download the message.wav files and change the extension into .pdf, i could only open the last part.

The other two parts are available but the pdf file is defect.

regards

gifti

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is related to the maximum message duration, which is 5 minutes by default (Maximum voice-mail duration in the domain mailbox settings). We'll offer more drop-down options in the next version. Until then, workaround is to change this in the XML in the domain directory and restart the service.

I've changed it from

<max_mb_duration>0</max_mb_duration>

to

<max_mb_duration>15</max_mb_duration>

Problem persists. After 5 min and a few seconds I get an error.

<133>1 2013-03-25T12:19:10+01:00 snomonemini SIP - - - SIP Tx udp:192.168.0.220:5060: INVITE sip:...

<132>1 2013-03-25T12:19:17+01:00 snomonemini Dropping - - - Dropping HDLC byte

Yea, it was actually not the mailbox message duration, it was the inactivity timeout kicking in. If you don't press any key in the mailbox for five minutes, it hangs up. We fixed that now in the code, regardless from the message length duration setting. Next build will have it fixed properly.

Yea, it was actually not the mailbox message duration, it was the inactivity timeout kicking in. If you don't press any key in the mailbox for five minutes, it hangs up. We fixed that now in the code, regardless from the message length duration setting. Next build will have it fixed properly.

That sounds good :lol:

• 4 weeks later...