3.1.0.3031 (Linux) has call recording *12, 3.3.1.3177 (Linux) does not

rhill

I have several linux servers running several different versions of PBXnSIP.

Ver 3.1.0.3031 (Linux) and all domains work great for *12 in call recording.

Newer version 3.3.1.3177 (Linux) *12 in call recording and the "appearance" system settings do not have that option listed.

How do I get that "appearance" with in call recording back on.

at the moment all polycom phones.

it's not a DTMF tone not recognized issue. It's a there is no "Record On Key (e.g. *12):

Record Off Key (e.g. *13):"

on the version 3.3.1.3177 (Linux).

We have a few servers different versions but example for here 3.1.0.3031 (Linux)does. in the admin overview "settings" "general" "appearance" with the record key settings. Thats is what we are looking to get to show up on the 3.3 version.

Please let me know what went wrong here?

What I was trying to say is that not the DTMF detection, but the processing has changed from version to version. So it could be, that 3.3 behaves differently with the recording than 3.1. Actually, it is probable. We don't make changes to those versions any more as they are several years old, so all we can try to do is to find workarounds. If it is Polycom phones, the only way to start recording is DTMF; there is no workaround for that. I would say the easiest solution is to go to your previous version.

• 3 weeks later...

What I was trying to say is that not the DTMF detection, but the processing has changed from version to version. So it could be, that 3.3 behaves differently with the recording than 3.1. Actually, it is probable. We don't make changes to those versions any more as they are several years old, so all we can try to do is to find workarounds. If it is Polycom phones, the only way to start recording is DTMF; there is no workaround for that. I would say the easiest solution is to go to your previous version.

I found it on page 304 of PBXnSIP admin guide v4

This is a licensing issue only available on certain licenses. I will have to call in to have my license checked to see if it was purchased or not. We have 10 servers all running different version and every server has this feature except this one :(