Version 5.1.0 has been released

Vodia PBX

We have made builds for all operating systems for version 5.1, including the installers for Windows. The release notes can be found on the Wiki as usual.

Thanks for all for the numerous feedback that we have received for version 5.0.10[b-p]! This version is for sure the best version ever :).

ver 5.1 release notes:

"When creating an extension, there is no more field for passwords. Instead, the PBX is generated good passwords by default. Also, the PBX automatically opens the new extension for provisioning (unless disabled by a new settings)."

Does this mean we can't choose our own passwords when creating an extension? This would be a major set back if it's true.

I noticed Grandstream support for 140x, is there a possibility the 1450 plus the 21xx/22xx line may be coming soon. I have a job with these phones on it and the BLFs give me an issue. If a phone reboots, all the BLFs go blank until the corresponding extension or parking spot is used then the buttons work fine until the next reboot.

I noticed Grandstream support for 140x, is there a possibility the 1450 plus the 21xx/22xx line may be coming soon. I have a job with these phones on it and the BLFs give me an issue. If a phone reboots, all the BLFs go blank until the corresponding extension or parking spot is used then the buttons work fine until the next reboot.

It is the plan to add more and more GrandStream devices. The challenge is to actually have the devices in-house for testing everything out. But maybe we can just use the 1400 as template and then make incremental changes. Let me know if you can help us testing it.

It is the plan to add more and more GrandStream devices. The challenge is to actually have the devices in-house for testing everything out. But maybe we can just use the 1400 as template and then make incremental changes. Let me know if you can help us testing it.

I will see if I can get my hands on one to send back to you. I got it approved to send you a GXP2100 as long as we can get it back sometime. Let me know where to send it. I also have a GXW4104 gateway I can let you borrow, I know it is not a phone but if it is of use I will send it.

Looks like the provisioning bug has been reintroduced.

Did not write snom_821.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Alert(1, 0) [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Did not write snom_3xx_fw.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Alert(1, 0) [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Last message repeated 3 times [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Did not write snom_web_lang.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:22: Alert(1, 0) [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:23: Did not write snom_gui_lang.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:23: Alert(1, 0) [5] 2013/07/24 10:13:25: Did not write snom_3xx_fs.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file

Some devices have no valid certificate. It seems that there are good and bad devices... If you get a message like this, open the account for provisioning from the web interface. 5.1 also contains a new setting (admin/provisioning/settings) where you can set how long an extension should be open for provisioning. The default of 10 minutes was in many cases too short, especially in LAN environments where the risk of getting hacked is relatively low. Also make sure that you have the right MAC set for the extension.

Some devices have no valid certificate. It seems that there are good and bad devices... If you get a message like this, open the account for provisioning from the web interface. 5.1 also contains a new setting (admin/provisioning/settings) where you can set how long an extension should be open for provisioning. The default of 10 minutes was in many cases too short, especially in LAN environments where the risk of getting hacked is relatively low. Also make sure that you have the right MAC set for the extension.

Changing back to 5.0.10m resolved the issue instantly.

Yes, pretty much. The GXP14xx have no BLF buttons, which makes it easy to provision them. A model with buttons is on the way. We were trying to use the multicast method, but could not get that to work. But at least the phones can set the provisioning server through the phone user interface (keyboard), so that it is practical to roll out these devices using this method as well.

In the previous versions, this HTML content was largely generated by the PBX core itself. We are changing that to use JavaScript in the browser instead. It sometimes seems like a step back; however now it is a lot easier to make changes to the appearance. Newer versions will eventually go beyond what has been done before.

Ok thanks, another note this might be a bug but if the call recordings are stored in a folder that is not in the directory of the PBX. Then they cannot be accessed through the web interface? I just get an error saying the file cannot be found.

If however I change it back to the default I can access the recordings..

Hi,

I just got my hands on a Grandstream 1405 phone. I was able to upgrade its firmware to the latest version, but have not been able to do the auto configuration process yet. I followed the analogy of the Yealink as close as possible but obviously, something must be a bit different. Can we get a small procedure as we did for the Yealink?

Hi,

I upgraded the version recently. It looks pretty well. Please advise, how to setup logs for inbound/outbound calls IP recognizing (in "Call Log" menu). It was possible to add IP in v.5.0.10 with pop-up, but, I can't find here.

I upgraded the version recently. It looks pretty well. Please advise, how to setup logs for inbound/outbound calls IP recognizing (in "Call Log" menu). It was possible to add IP in v.5.0.10 with pop-up, but, I can't find here.

You mean that the call logs show the IP addresses of the involved parties?

The Internet Explorer 9 (IE) does not show some WEB pages of snomONE v.5.1.0 (i.e. "Current Domains"; "Call Log"; "IP Access Control" and etc.) Please advise where should I kick the IE to show correctly everything. Thank you.

Yea. IE9 does not support websocket. As far as I know there are so many problems with IE9 that also Microsoft recommends to upgrade to IE10.

Yea. IE9 does not support websocket. As far as I know there are so many problems with IE9 that also Microsoft recommends to upgrade to IE10.

Oh, thank you for the answer.

But, you know, IE10 has much more issues than IE9; and does not show some pbx snom web pages as well. I am using another browser. Thank you.

But, you know, IE10 has much more issues than IE9; and does not show some pbx snom web pages as well. I am using another browser. Thank you.

Well, if you want to use WebRTC you currently have to use Chrome anyway (we are working on Mozilla support). IE WebRTC support does not seem to be available too soon.