Version 5.1.0 has been released

Vodia PBX

Yes, it is.

The reason why I am asking is that I had a lot of hackers calls, the souroce of which were easy to recognise and block.

Also, you made a pretty sweet logging, which allows to save the system log file somwhere at the file system.

Is it possible to make the same feature for call logs?

Thank you.

If you want automatic dialing you need a number in the front. We choose 1, other manufacturers choose 9 (which makes it hard to dial 911). If you don't have the number in from and you have e.g. have an extension 417, how would the PBX otherwise know if you want to dial 417 or 4171234567?

If you want automatic dialing you need a number in the front. We choose 1, other manufacturers choose 9 (which makes it hard to dial 911). If you don't have the number in from and you have e.g. have an extension 417, how would the PBX otherwise know if you want to dial 417 or 4171234567?

Well, then why is this change at this time from 5.0.x to 5.1.x in provisioning? Also, why the phone have to be provisioned to remove the first digit of user input, anyway? I would like to know what I have to do to stop the phone from eliminating the first digit before forwarding the inquiry to snomONE. We have our dial plan that is heavily relying on the phones not cutting out user input.

Thanks.

Oh, yes something has changed. The dial plan also send the call in a "more" canonical format to the PBX. This is because of call redial and the address book. The numbers in the address book are presented without the leading 1 (which makes sense, especially in the age of cell phones), so it is easier to send the number always in the 10-digit format to the PBX. Then the dialplan does not have to deal with a mix of 10- and 11-digit numbers.

Oh, yes something has changed. The dial plan also send the call in a "more" canonical format to the PBX. This is because of call redial and the address book. The numbers in the address book are presented without the leading 1 (which makes sense, especially in the age of cell phones), so it is easier to send the number always in the 10-digit format to the PBX. Then the dialplan does not have to deal with a mix of 10- and 11-digit numbers.

Well, what I am looking for is a way to stop snom phones from stripping the 1 in the 11 digit user input. Are you telling me that the new version 5.1.x os snomONE pbx does not have such capability?

Yes, the dialplans.xml contains it all. You can use it definitively as a starting point.

The discussion when the phone should start robot-dialing is as old the SIP standard; the standard simply does not support it and all we are doing is tinkering. This is like having your cell phone dial automatically. And every device does it differently, you can see that in the dialplan.xml. What works best is telling users to take a look at their cell phone and get over it (sorry)...

Yes, the dialplans.xml contains it all. You can use it definitively as a starting point.

The discussion when the phone should start robot-dialing is as old the SIP standard; the standard simply does not support it and all we are doing is tinkering. This is like having your cell phone dial automatically. And every device does it differently, you can see that in the dialplan.xml. What works best is telling users to take a look at their cell phone and get over it (sorry)...

Hmm... We have been using the +[number] notation for almost all the electronic phone book just to unify and simplify matters. So some users are used to omit the preceding + for domestic numbers when typing, others place the 0 instead of + for every calls. So these kind of changes without explicitly mentioned in the release note potentially cause big hustle. We have configured the PBX Dial Plan to correspond the user input and select the trunk accordingly.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved for now.