snomONE MINI performance problems / backup > 10MB

gifti

Hello,

the snomONE mini CPU performance exceeds 90% when I started to generate a backup file or import some addresses over the webinterface. During import/backup processes, the snomONE mini loses the connection to the phones, webinterface isn't reachable and incoming calls get lost :unsure:.

I've tried to reduce the bandwith of tar and the xml-generator pipe (pv -L 100k), but the scripts are not publicly available, aren't it?

• Can you fix that in a new release for snomONE mini?
  • Could you post a script, to make the backup manually?

Second problem, since 5.1.1 it isn't possible to make backups greater than 10MB. But I need this feature because the address book has more than 7000 records (~14MB tar archiv).

• Could you expand the dropdown "max_tar" on reg_settings.htm (1, 5, 10, 20MB)?

regards gifti

Okay, please help me again! I know the root password and I'am logged in at #/usr/local/snomONE.

Which files/directories should I select? Is there any script to do this? I don't want to lose/reset the license or something else.

I have a second snomONE MINI as backup-system and would like to be able to synchronize the whole configuration between these two systems.

Is it possible to mount the same /usr/local/snomONE directory on two systems with different licence keys?

Scenario:

snomONEmini #1 has a hardware defect

snomONEmini #2 is now connected manually to network, mount the same /usr/local/snomONE directory -> configuration, cdr, addressbooks proceeding without gaps :)

The PBX runs in /usr/local/snomONE. You can use tar to make a backup:

cd /usr/local/snomONE
d=`date +'%Y%m%d%H%M'`
tar cvfz ../backup$d.tgz --exclude 'audio_*' --exclude tftp --exclude 'recordings/20*' . >/dev/null

Then you can fetch the file in /usr/local with sftp or psftp (if you are using Putty). The SSH password is the same like you have set for the admin account in the web interface of the PBX.

If you restore the directory on another server, you need to re-activate the license key or get a new one. snom ONE permits one re-activation; however you need to reset your license key from the snomone.com account first. Because snomone.com is available 24/7 (not like humans), you can do this fail-over rather quick. But you can do this only one time; we had cases in the previous version where customers had ten or more "hardware failures" and I think that was going too far.

Thank you! But when I use tar to compress the directory (also without recordings and audio), the snomONE mini cpu is overloaded and the system is 5 minutes down :(.

I've found another solution. I've copied the whole /usr/local/snomONE directory on a mounted share (once a day, this is cpu gently). This share is mounted on both systems. If snomONEmini1 fails, snomONEmini2 saves the whole directory back. I've moved the two pbxctrl_license.xml files in a higher directory and linked them symbolic to /usr/local/snomONE. So, they are not affected (cp -P).

cd /usr/local/snomONE

mv pbxctrl_license.xml ../

ln -s ../pbxctrl_license.xml ./

cp -fruvP /usr/local/snomONE /mnt/myshare

regards

gifti