CDR record sent in emails doesn't have all calls made

matthewl

This happens approx once a week(other times its fine) the person receives the email for an individual account and it seems to start at 12pm? it misses the calls off for the rest of the morning I know the CDR reports are there because they show on the system and on the overall report?

Any fix for this?

At what time is the email being sent out? The PBX needs to determine the term "previous day" and does that by subtracting 12 hours from the current time, then getting the year, month and day of that time-stamp. The current time should be close to the email sent time, so that might serve as a clue.

Other reasons can be that the CDR is simply not there any more. There is a system settings that tells the PBX how many CDR should be kept in total. When that number is hit, the PBX starts deleting the oldest ones and that could also delete records of the previous day. Make sure that the total number is sufficiently high.

The CDRs are set at the maximum level on the system and I can see the calls if I look at the calls page on the system so i don't think the CDRs are being overwritten. The time for the emails is set to send at midnight, I cant see a way to change this?? The odd thing is it doesnt happen on every report most are fine.

No, for extensions it is always midnight--whatever that is. Timezone depends on the extension. When stepping through the call list, there is not much difference between 13, 12, and 11 o'clock (in 24 hour format, which it is internally). So it is hard to see why the 12 would make any difference. If the problem would be around 12 AM, well then it would be a much more obvious problem. Because the CDR is written at the end of the call, there might be some minor misunderstandings around midnight; but not at noon.

Those reports are generated inside the PBX. Unfortunately we can't use JavaScript here, so everything is pretty much hard coded. We did double-check the code, and at that point it is actually very simple anyway. But we did some optimizations on the underlying database engine that could have caused it; and hopefully the newer versions have it already fixed. Because of the randomness of the event it is hard to say, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, we can rule that out then. The only thing that I can think of are global trunks that make it a little bit more difficult for the PBX to send the CDR into the right domain. Or do you see any other pattern in what is missing? Also, do you have a relatively short CDR duration or a small CDR capacity (maximum number of stored CDR)?

Hmm. Are we hitting a ceiling somewhere? In the old days there was a limit on how many CDR are included in the email, but that limit has been removed. The logic when to remove CDR is in 5.1.3 still not perfect; all CDR types are treated separately leaving the possibility of stale entries; though I don't think that this is the problem either. I think what we need to do is adding more logging in this area so that we know what happened.

:unsure: the new version needs another DLL, we are working on it...

Apart from that we had a case where an automatic restart around midnight of the service was causing the issues. Sometimes the service was restarted before the email got out, sometimes after that. Generally speaking, the service should not be restarted at all; in order to accomplish failover, it is better to keep the service shut down, keep the file systems in sync and then start it when the failover event happens.