Vodia PBX

As you might have seen on the newsletter (http://vodia.com/news20140827), we have released version 5.2.4. This is supposed to be a "non-exciting" release. In other words, not a lot of new features, but essentially bug fixes and minor improvements. We hope that this release can run in productive environments for a long time unless you need a 5.2.4+ feature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions for you if I could. I have a customer on Version 4.3.0.5016. My questions are as follows:

1) What is the latest version they can move to without incurring a cost or license issue ?

2) Can they move to the "latest and greatest" version that Vodia offers? If they can, what is the cost? In addition, are there any hardware considerations going from 4.3.0.5016 to the "latest and greatest" ?

1) There is a 4.5 version out there, for more information check out http://wiki.vodia.com/index.php?title=Upgrades there you find the links with the 4.5 builds.

2) We do encourage everyone to do so. In the days of security vulnerabilities it is generally a good idea to stay up to date. We try to make the upgrade as smooth as possible; however introducing new features creates upgrade problems. As for 4.3, there were changes in the trunk level that could cause problems with the SIP headers (generally, when moving from 4.3 to 4.5 or higher). But a few minutes of tinkering SIP headers should usually solve the problem.

As a general rule, do make backups of the working directory of the PBX, especially before upgrading the software. If anything goes wrong, you can move back without burning bridges. For example, we started to encrypt passwords in newer versions; if you don't have a backup, this does make it very difficult to move back because the old version would then read garbled passwords.

• 3 weeks later...
One more bug we discovered in 5.2.4:

In the field "Extensions that may jump in or out (* for all, includes non-agents too):" in an agent group the only acceptable values are either the * or nothing. When I enter anything else (specific entension numbers), the system returns the following error:

2rdug49.png

In this case, extension 187 does exist.

Is there a work-around? I need the functionality provided by this field urgently to test a custom call distribution requested by a customer.

• 1 month later...

We upgraded to 5.2.4, which is now causing issues with our T.38 faxing.

The problem we are having is snomone one is getting a T.38 re-invite for udptl in the media but its’t not passing this to the carrier but instead Is reissuing a RTP/AVP media, which is causing malformed packets.

We were told it was related to inband versus out of band.
We were told that the 5.2.4a build may resolve this but we are running debian 64
and so we are finding a build for this.

Any assistance would be appreciated.