Vodia PBX

We have built 5.2.5 for most operating systems, including Windows 32/64-bit, CentOS64/32, Debian64/32, FreeBSD64, MacOS and the mini variants. Full release notes are available at http://www.vodia.com/documentation/releasenotes525 as usual. The Windows installers is still missing, we will provide this in the next few days.

This is the first major release since August 2014. As you can see from the release notes, it covers a lot of topics and this is, as usual, the best release we have ever made! Fortunately we did not have to make any emergency builds because of security glitches, even though in the past month there were several milestone security hazards found (which did not affect the Vodia PBX).

A feature that stresses our commitment to the service providers for hosted PBX is the addition for Freshbooks billing. This makes it now a lot easier and a lot more reliable to generate monthly invoices to clients. After all, billing is not a "sexy" topic, however it bring in the money which is an absolute necessity for the successful operation of hosted PBX services.

If you upgrade, please use the opportunity to make a backup of your working directory in case that you feel the desire to revert back to your previous version.

Hi all,

Just got a strange issue after upgrading to 5.2.5 regarding the "Hold" function.

If a person calls you and you press the "Hold" button person can hear the moh music but if you press again the "Hold" you only hear static noise.

Environment: Win7 machine with snomone 5.2.5 and snow 821 phones running latest firmware with separate PoE switch. One phone running latest beta firmware and has the same issue.

System was working fine before the update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Best regards,

We've got exactly the same issue - static noise. Extremely bad software release without proper QA.

It's not only happens with a "hold" operation, but second line call, etc.

All phones (software clients, snom, grandstream, cisco, yealink, etc). The problem is at the PBX side, 100%.

Should be fixed ASAP.

Well the browser call should actually work better than before. Does it make a different which browser you are running, version-wise? The WebRTC area is quite dynamic, right now. We moved away from the SDES to DTLS which is a big step, and with each big step unfortunately there is the risk of a couple of steps back. Maybe you can tell us what exact version you are running so that we can investigate what the issue could be.

That is very strange because we just tested on Chrome and Firefox with that release and works great.

Actually we also tested it with android chrome on a mobile phone and also worked.

Windows chrome: Version 40.0.2214.111 m

Hmmmm, when you are in chrome, can you please press Ctrl+Shift+J so that the debug window appears below. Then make the call and paste any error messages here.

I am assuming, your mic, speaker and relevant volumes are all fine. Also the call is completed on the other side, that is the other side phone rings and you pick it up and the status etc. changes on the page but no audio? I am trying to find out what else could have broken down if there is not even a webrtc or even our own errors showing on the page. I am also assuming you are giving the call enough time, because with ICE and now DTLS the establishment of the call takes a while. Also please refresh the page with ctrl+F5 so that nothing cached is being used.

By the way does it go to the point where the browser asks you about allowing or not allowing the mic? Because as you may already know if your deny the mic once, it has to be explicitly turned on again before it will ask you for that permission again.

The problem is, it works here so I am in the dark what to look at.

Could you please make a clean pcap of that single call where the wireshark is running on the PBX system and the browser call is being made from any other system with the chrome. And some explanation of which IP is what device. That could be helpful since we can't reproduce it here.

By the way, have you added some client side certificate to the pbx or is it all default? It is probably default and not touched but just trying to eliminate anything that could cause it.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, anyone with an android device should be evaluating the Webrtc client because it is

really cool and a killer app support calling, call logs, contacts and presence. However after doing some test calls we declined the invitation for the browser to access the mic and now we are just getting media errors when trying to call out. We are still troubleshooting this with Chrome but if you have any suggestions please let know.

Is there plans and if so when to support Safari on IPhones as that would allow a total solution to companies that have a mixture of devices.

Also we are running 5.25 on Ubuntu and the client Chrome browser does enable us to put the caller on hold?

Thanks, Steve

Hi,

Unfortunately when you deny the mic once in chrome, you have to manually go in to turn it back on again so it will ask that question again. I know it's for security but I think they have made it very counter intuitive. Anyway, in chrome, click on the three dots for the context menu, then click settings, then go to Site settings, then click on "Camera or microphone" and turn it back on.

Hi,

Unfortunately when you deny the mic once in chrome, you have to manually go in to turn it back on again so it will ask that question again. I know it's for security but I think they have made it very counter intuitive. Anyway, in chrome, click on the three dots for the context menu, then click settings, then go to Site settings, then click on "Camera or microphone" and turn it back on.

Thank you for the replay. Yes this was done but ended up needing to delete the chrome data - Android . Look forward to other features being added like call hold and transfer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

after upgrading to 5.2.5, the Recorded Calls page in Firefox doesn't display the list of calls anymore. For instance, I recorded a conference call. The file does exist in the file system. This is the Recorded Calls page in Firefox:

2w6v252.png

At the same time Internet explorer and Chrome list the recording but they can neither play nor save the audio file:

2cz9hxf.png

Firefox was the only browser were playback and file-saving were working without issues. Can you please check it with priority and provide as with a custom build if need be (customers have already complained). Our OS is Debian.

As for Internet Explorer, the following may be helful to you: if I right click on the audio player and choose "inspect element" this is what I see:

azb1j6.png

This is not the case though. I tried html5 audio playback in other pages and it works. I only have issues with the pbx.

Regards,

John

The look has changed. Believe it or not, we have customers that have more than 50000 records to show on that page, which was cluttering the page with the index. So we took it out and just display the first few records. Then you can narrow it down with the search.

When you upgrade you need to make sure that you don't have old files in the html directory or have changed the respective web page in the portal. This creates problems with the upgrade like the one we see here.

Thank you for your reply Christian,

If I understand it correctly, only we have this problem.

Where is the html directory located? I could't find it (it isn't under the /usr/local/snomONE directory"). Did you mean the working directory? What files should I delete?

Do you have any suggestions for the playback issues in Internet Explorer or Chrome? We don't necessarily have to use Firefox but it was the only browser that worked.

Yes the html folder should in the working directory of the PBX, which you can see in the status screen in the web interface; typically /usr/local/snomONE or in newer installations /usr/local/pbx. If there is not html folder then you don't have anything changed, which would be good.

You can briefly check if there are changed through the web interface by checking out the directory webpages. Those files are kind of human readable, you can use a text editor to check if there is anything suspicious.