Local VoIP Provider in Mexico with PBXnSIP??

I was just wondering if anyone knows a decent ITSP in Mexico that I could use with PBXnSIP??

Currently I use Callcentric for all our offices but I keep getting complains from our Mexico office that with calls using Callcentric one channel drops out and the caller is left with one way audio. I assume it is a distance/Callcentric problem with going from Mexico to Callcentric because I also have VPN connections over the same internet conenction inbetween our own offices with PBXnSIP and those rarely loose one side of the audio transmission.

In order to evaluate that I was thinking to setup a provider that is located in Mexico to see if that would solve my problem that I am having with Callcentric.

Regards,

Detlef

I was just wondering if anyone knows a decent ITSP in Mexico that I could use with PBXnSIP??

Currently I use Callcentric for all our offices but I keep getting complains from our Mexico office that with calls using Callcentric one channel drops out and the caller is left with one way audio. I assume it is a distance/Callcentric problem with going from Mexico to Callcentric because I also have VPN connections over the same internet conenction inbetween our own offices with PBXnSIP and those rarely loose one side of the audio transmission.

In order to evaluate that I was thinking to setup a provider that is located in Mexico to see if that would solve my problem that I am having with Callcentric.

Regards,

Detlef

Try the TELMEX ITPS, there are ohters but this has much time in the mexican market thant the rest.

Regards,

• 1 month later...
Try the TELMEX ITPS, there are ohters but this has much time in the mexican market thant the rest.

Regards,

Ha, everything is slower in Mexico... I'm still strugelling to solve my problem but for what it is worth: my local IT guy in Mexico contacted Telmex and the statement from their rep was that Telmex or Mexico gov does not permit VoIP in general. So it is somehow a grey zone while many internet subscriber still use VoIP it may cause the ISP to terminate the internet contract completely.

I also found many reports on the net that south america and especially Mexico ISP not totally block VoIP ports but do regulate bandwidth and disturb connection reliability. Well, that would explain my one way audio drop out...

As of the Telmex statement the ones that do provide VoIP do it mainly via VPNs to tunnel those data out of Mexico.

In that case I can stop looking for a local ITSP in Mexico for right now and start tunneling VoIP data to my pbxnsip systems in the US...