Prepending text to caller ID name

In the hunt group there are the following options to change the "From-header"

Calling-Party

Group name

Group name (Calling name)

Group name (Calling number)

Calling party name (CMC)

Calling party number (CMC)

It would be nice to be able to prepend to the name or number or both rather than replace it. I set up the "Group name (Calling name)" and the customer can't see the name of the caller.

FreePBX can do this. Here is a link to the user guide explaining the feature. https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Set+CallerID+User+Guide

Setting the caller-ID is generally controlled by a couple of variables. You can use the following variables:

f: The user-part of the From header

t: The user-part of the To header

F: The user-part of the original From header (as the call came in)

T: The user-part of the original To header (as the call came in)

g: The name of the group (e.g. hunt group)

c: The current client matter code for the call

You for example you could use Hello {g} {f} as an example. You could e.g. change the template for the hunt.htm and add this to the select drop down. If it generally makes sense, we can also add it to the general drop down.

Setting the caller-ID is generally controlled by a couple of variables. You can use the following variables:

f: The user-part of the From header

t: The user-part of the To header

F: The user-part of the original From header (as the call came in)

T: The user-part of the original To header (as the call came in)

g: The name of the group (e.g. hunt group)

c: The current client matter code for the call

You for example you could use Hello {g} {f} as an example. You could e.g. change the template for the hunt.htm and add this to the select drop down. If it generally makes sense, we can also add it to the general drop down.

So if I have a server with 50 domains on my server and each domain has 4 hunt groups I would need to modify hunt.htm and add 200 different selections to the drop down? Maybe some of the selection could be used across multiple domains. What would happen when I upgraded the server to a new version? Would my changes get overwritten? That does not seem to be as good a solution as just adding a text box to the hunt group and a selection the the drop down to prepend the text to the name or number. It would be preferable to have this added as a feature request for a future release.

If you change hunt.htm then you should do that in the server level. I totally agree this would be only a kind of last resort and we better add this to the PBX default web page. However it is not clear to me what we should add there, maybe you can try this out with the hunt group and share with us what the pattern should look like. BTW this also applies to the ACD and AA.