Roadmap of snom ONE?

What is clear that is we have to change the way we are using the CPU cores. If we can lift the restriction to have everything running on the same core, we can get 500 concurrent calls within reach, especially with new CPU available (8 cores). This will make larger installations possible (and those deals are what you want!), and also for quadcore CPU it will give customers a piece of mind that the number of concurrent calls plays no practical role. Also, it makes the licensing model, especially snom ONE blue an unbelievable good deal.

Also the trunk SIP header manipulation (RFC3325 etc) must be a lot more flexible. There are so many different ways of interpreting the SIP standard; I would say practically every carrier has a different one and we must be able to deal with them without code changes. The other thing is that the cell phone support which is good already can be extended by more "cool" (productive) features. For example, it should be possible to transfer calls that have been received on the cell phone to other users on the system.

The other thing is that the cell phone support which is good already can be extended by more "cool" (productive) features. For example, it should be possible to transfer calls that have been received on the cell phone to other users on the system.

This sounds great! What we currently are missing in competition with other systems is good MEX (mobile extension) functions like the one you mention and also presence for mobile phones.

This sounds all very nice, thanks for the insight!

What about subjects like softclient and/or software based solutions like Estos (presence, IM, callmanagement), will you come up with something own or will you stay with a 3rd party vendor?

BTW, what's the best place to propose feature requests, here on the forums (and if yes, where?) or better at http://support.snom.com?

This sounds all very nice, thanks for the insight!

What about subjects like softclient and/or software based solutions like Estos (presence, IM, callmanagement), will you come up with something own or will you stay with a 3rd party vendor?

BTW, what's the best place to propose feature requests, here on the forums (and if yes, where?) or better at http://support.snom.com?

Feature requests: the best UNofficial place ;-):

http://snomone.ideascale.com/

I'm not sure what snom suggests for official suggestions.

Just to add to the upcoming feature list - domain / user level PnP support. Say, if you want to just upgrade/downgrade that 1 phone, you can do it, instead of forcing every phone in the system to be upgraded to the new/beta versions.

Great news, this is something that's really annoying in the current builds. For the best case it would be great to have PnP + Config user groups, where you can group certain non-user specific device settings like firmware versions, adress book, time and language, email, mailbox and so on into specific groups.

Feature requests: the best UNofficial place ;-):

http://snomone.ideascale.com/

I'm not sure what snom suggests for official suggestions.

Good idea, hopefully someone from Snom is reading the list ;)

• 1 month later...

were still waiting on the ability to transfer a call back to the PBX when forwarded to a cell phone.. This would be such a great feature I know its been talked about before.

For example a call if forwarded to my cell phone from snomone I can press ## and get PBX dial tone to transfer a call back to a receptionist or something.

need

• 1 month later...

What is clear that is we have to change the way we are using the CPU cores. If we can lift the restriction to have everything running on the same core, we can get 500 concurrent calls within reach, especially with new CPU available (8 cores). This will make larger installations possible (and those deals are what you want!), and also for quadcore CPU it will give customers a piece of mind that the number of concurrent calls plays no practical role. Also, it makes the licensing model, especially snom ONE blue an unbelievable good deal.

This is good to know, fixing multithreading will bring SnomONE up significantly in scalability compared to other pure softswitch systems, like FreeSWITCH.

@porter - do you need that much scalability?

multiple core support would be a bonanza for hosters and bigger clients.

I don't at all, we have a small system. But I know several sysadmins locally that manage much larger systems, who have been impressed with our experience here with SnomONE and the Snom phones. The one company I am thinking of would be running ~800 extensions or so, and have concerns about scalability.