Call Parking Issue

olecoot

We are using PBXnSIP version 2.1.11.2484 (Linux) and have an issue with call parking but only with phones having more than one registered extension.

For example, phone 1 has 2 registered extensions, 300 and 500. Call comes in and is picked up on 300. Try to park call on extension 400 and I hear "Call parking has failed". The call still remains on hold and can be resumed from the phone that answered the call. It can be transferred to another extension but not parked.

If I try the same scenario from a single extension phone, call parking works fine and as expected.

Hmm. Can you verify that the call park code was sent from the same account where the call was received? E.g. when the call went to 300 and then later you call from 500 to park the call it is understandable that the PBX says "what call are you talking about?"...

Hmm. Can you verify that the call park code was sent from the same account where the call was received? E.g. when the call went to 300 and then later you call from 500 to park the call it is understandable that the PBX says "what call are you talking about?"...

I may have not been clear in my original post. I apologize.

A call comes into my phone with 2 extensions 1 and 2. I answer the call on extension 1. The call is for another person on extension 400. I try to park the call from extension 1 to extension 400 by placing the call on hold then dialing *85400 at which time I hear the "failure" message. The call remains on hold on extension 1 and I can pick it up and continue the call. I just can't park it.

If I attempt the same scenario on a phone with 1 extension only and park a call using hold then *85400, the process works.

I may have not been clear in my original post. I apologize.

A call comes into my phone with 2 extensions 1 and 2. I answer the call on extension 1. The call is for another person on extension 400. I try to park the call from extension 1 to extension 400 by placing the call on hold then dialing *85400 at which time I hear the "failure" message. The call remains on hold on extension 1 and I can pick it up and continue the call. I just can't park it.

If I attempt the same scenario on a phone with 1 extension only and park a call using hold then *85400, the process works.

Maybe no misunderstanding... The problem is that when the phone starts a call, it needs to use an identity. Chances are, that when the call comes in to extension 400, but the outbound identity on that phone happens to be the other one, - then the PBX says "well that extension does not have an active call" (*85400 means park my calls on orbit 400, not park calls of [the foreign] extension 400).

Maybe the issue is this:

Our office has a hunt group, in which all of our phones ring when a call comes in (sorry for leaving that out). Someone takes the call and tries to park the call on the extension of a coworker. If the phone that takes the call has 1 registered extensions, the park feature works fine. If the phone that takes the call has more than 1 registered extension, the park feature fails.

The phones are Polycom phones. Do you think it is an issue that is phone related?

Maybe the issue is this:

Our office has a hunt group, in which all of our phones ring when a call comes in (sorry for leaving that out). Someone takes the call and tries to park the call on the extension of a coworker. If the phone that takes the call has 1 registered extensions, the park feature works fine. If the phone that takes the call has more than 1 registered extension, the park feature fails.

The phones are Polycom phones. Do you think it is an issue that is phone related?

Maybe you can capture two SIP packets: The INVITE that hits the phone, and the INVITE from the phone that contains the star code. I think if we see those packets we can say if that is the problem or not.

Maybe you can capture two SIP packets: The INVITE that hits the phone, and the INVITE from the phone that contains the star code. I think if we see those packets we can say if that is the problem or not.

What we have found:

On a phone with multiple registered extensions, placing the call on hold before using *85 to park call will always result in a failed parked call on our phones. Placing the call on hold with a phone that has more than one registered extension just "rolls" over to the second extension and tries to initiate the park on that second extension.

However, we have found that if instead of placing the call on hold we can use transfer and use *85 or *85+extension and the parking feature works.

Thank you

On a phone with multiple registered extensions, placing the call on hold before using *85 to park call will always result in a failed parked call on our phones. Placing the call on hold with a phone that has more than one registered extension just "rolls" over to the second extension and tries to initiate the park on that second extension.

Whow. I believe that is not very intuitive. Also for attended transfers. What phone type is it?

However, we have found that if instead of placing the call on hold we can use transfer and use *85 or *85+extension and the parking feature works.

Okay, that sounds like a short-term workaround.

Whow. I believe that is not very intuitive. Also for attended transfers. What phone type is it?

Okay, that sounds like a short-term workaround.

They're Polycom's. So far, we've tried it on 601s, 650s, and 550s and they all exhibit the same behavior.

The phones are on version 4.1 BootROM and 2.2.2 sip.ld

They're Polycom's. So far, we've tried it on 601s, 650s, and 550s and they all exhibit the same behavior.

The phones are on version 4.1 BootROM and 2.2.2 sip.ld

Hmm. Does that mean you also have a problem with attended transfer when there are two different registrations? Hard to believe. Maybe there is a flag that controls this behavior on the phone?

Hmm. Does that mean you also have a problem with attended transfer when there are two different registrations? Hard to believe. Maybe there is a flag that controls this behavior on the phone?

No. Attended transfers happen all day long. Never heard a complaint from anyone in the office or any of our customers.