Extension export to xml

beanyb

Hi

Is there a file where all the extensions for all domains are easily readable or a possibility to export only the extensions to an xml or excel file?

I'm looking to program the export of the extensions from Vodia into a phonebook.xml file that Yealink phones can read. I can build the script around it, just need the extension database from the vodia pbx.

Thanks

Well if you automatically provision the Yealinks they can use LDAP to see the extensions in the domain. Maybe you can skip all that work! The problem with provisioning XML directories is that when something changes, you need to do it again. That is why a live query like LDAP is much more useful.

Apart from that, in the old days as had a XML file I think for the Polycom phones that was automatically generated for provisioning. If you really have to do this, that might serve as a starting point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I think I understand now that LDAP can be applied directly to the Vodia system. I always assumed it can only query Active Directory in a Windows environment and I don't want to have extra objects in my AD just for the phonebook.

Do you have any documentation that shows how the directory structure is defined in Vodia ?

For example CN, DN and ous? How are they linked with a multi domain environment in Vodia.

Thanks

You can formulate queries in LDAP pretty much with the standard patterns. All queries are always handled inside the domain (using the authentication information). Because it is a common problem in LDAP to create expensive table scan, the PBX takes the liberty to break a query after 100 ms or so, in order to give the CPU also to other domains. The queries are matches against the user and domain address book and the extensions of the domain.

Can we have more info on the underlying schema ?

In my Vodia server 1.2.3.4, I have a domain called mydomain and extensions like 1295.

The query is ldap://1.2.3.4:389/dc=mydomain,cn=1295 or is there others underlying OUs in the background ?

For authentication I need to specify a username password but the system admin account has no domain. If 1295 is admin, i use 1295@mydomain but which password? Pin,sip or web password ?

I'm not using PNP to provision the phones.

No. If you take a peek at the Yealink LDAP documentation, you will soon come to the conclusion that your LDAP scheme does not work there. Please use PnP, at least just to see how it works. We spend a lot of time on getting PnP working, and repeating the whole learning curve here on the forum would cost us all a lot of time. Once you get it working with PnP, you can start tinkering with the parameters if you have to.