Wav Input Screeching

jacobtalbot

Hey

I am nearly there with music on hold. I have managed to get the WAV Input working and listening to music, however every 5 - 10 seconds it cuts out with a weird electronic static noise or screeching sound, then theres a bit of noise, and then another screeching sound and then back to the music. It then repeats that process. This happens even when theres no audio playing.

Running the latest version 5.3.2 (Win64)

The Music on Hold input is:

MusicOnHold Wave Input :l16b

This could be a byte alignment problem (little endian big endian problem). You could try changing the source, many players have a flag for that.

Thanks for the reply.

We're using VLC to play the music, but even when VLC isn't open it is still screeching. We are having to use a program similar to VAC for creating a virtual loopback. Any recommendations?

Oh sorry did not see that you are using the WAV input. I assume that when you record something with the WAV device it works fine. The WAV is another very old technology from Microsoft; what OS are you running there? Maybe the newer versions of Windows have changed something in the API that would catch us on the wrong foot. Also I assume that you are running the 64-bit build on a 64-bit system?

Well obviously using VLC would be a short-term workaround.

Oh sorry did not see that you are using the WAV input. I assume that when you record something with the WAV device it works fine. The WAV is another very old technology from Microsoft; what OS are you running there? Maybe the newer versions of Windows have changed something in the API that would catch us on the wrong foot. Also I assume that you are running the 64-bit build on a 64-bit system?

Thanks again for your reply.

Using Windows 10. 64bit. Latest VLC.

*Bump

Has anyone had any luck with streaming audio through to the PBX at a decent quality? How can we increase the quality of an RTP stream?

If you are using VLC then you don't need to use the WAV device in Windows. Just have VLC stream RTP data on a port of the PBX. There is a old link http://wiki.vodia.com/index.php?title=Streaming_VLC_and_snom_ONE that shows how this works; it is a couple of years old but it should still work.

Thanks for that. The only issue is that the audio looses a lot of quality. Is there a way to ensure a better audio quality?