diversion header

migmig

hi all,

Does anyone of you know how to setup a Trunk so that a diversion header is created?

When a subscriber does a diversion either via vertical code or from the user management interface and someone calls that number that is diverted to the PSTN over the SIP Trunk it would be greate to have on the outgoing INVITE to the PSTN a diversion header with the diverting subscriber and the reason of the diversion like cfu.

The are some SIP Trunk Operators that in this case of a diverted call would bill the call on the diverting number, but to achivie this there should be a diversion header.

Your opinion and help are highly appreciated.

BR

- Miguel

hi ,

is that diversion header setting depending on the trunk type used?

How should the diversion setting on the trunk be configured and with which typ of Trunks does it work?

With Trunk types I mean:

- SIP Registrations

- SIP Gateway

- Outbound Proxy

BR

Miguel

Looks like the Trunk setting Diversion Header: Default(RFC) does not work or at least it is not documented what then should happen.

I did verify that diverting a subscriber to an external number (Call forward all calls to: "PSTN number") and debugging it with log level 9.

On the outgoing call (INVITE to the SIP Trunk Provider to the PSTN number) there is no diversion header added, I would expect that there would be a diversion header with the diverting number and the reason cfu.

The only header I can see it the In-Reply-To: header that points to the call-id for the first incoming call.

It would be great to have this diversion header, reason for that is for example that in such cases there is also a need to display the right calling number / original dialling number to the diverted number. In this case CLIP no screening is needed. So and if CLIP no screening is enabled by the provider on the SIP Trunk this call should then also be billed correctly to the extension and this can only be achieved if a diversion header is present in the INVITE on the leg going to the diverted PSTN number.

I hope that it clarifies/explains a little bit why this header should be implemented and working.

I've found a post from the Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:43 PM on the forum http://forum.vodia.com/index.php/topic/7771-externe-rufnummer-bei-weiterleitung-anzeigen-lassen/ where vodia agrees that something is broken with the diversion header. Looks like you haven't worked out your to do list since then.... open issues since more than 2 years....

BR

Miguel

• 6 months later...