Getting extension password via REST api

chrispopp

Maybe someone from Vodia can chime in on getting the password via REST API.

I guess another way to do it might be to grab it from the raw config file of the extension.

Have you looked at these docs on the REST API? There is a "Get user settings" call you can make but I am hot sure what it does or returns. I have never done any programming with the REST API so I am completely ignorant of how it works however I am interested in learning more about it.

https://vodia.com/doc/vodia_pbx_rest_api.pdf

https://vodia.com/doc/vodia_php_rest_api

I believe that if the admin account leaks, it would be just as easy to log-on and take everything anyways. If we would overwrite it, that means that we would need to support another CMS. Otherwise we can specifically, use the MAC address field, and retrieve the credentials based on that. Only problem is that we currently cannot retrieve the SIP password. There should be a way to retrieve it. I would say that close to 80% of clients are asking for smartphone applications, and it's really hard to be copetitve without one.

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2016 at 3:49 PM, Vodia PBX said:

Ok, the solution is to leave this question to the operator... There is a setting called "rest_show_passwords" in the pbx.xml; if you set it to "true", you can get them with /rest/domain/<domain>/user_settings/<account>. Default is not to show the passwords.

Has this changed in the latest version? I am unable to get the passwords anymore...

Hi,

You have to follow the same steps:

1) Setting called "rest_show_passwords" in the pbx.xml if you set it to "true".

2) Restart the PBX.

3) Use this REST API command 'sudo curl -u admin:password GET -D - http://127.0.0.1/rest/domain/<domain>/user_settings/<account>'

Hi,

The procedure we provided above is from the latest version 60.0.1. Did you follow the steps 2 and 3 exactly as it's shown? We also tried to "append" the outputs of the pbx.xml before and after restart and can clearly see the difference ( password visible) in the latter part of the file.

Please test the API command above again, it has been edited to suit you better.

Can you tell me the difference? The reason is that we had a third party app that was working using the SIP passwords. Now it simply returns an error. 

Trying to send it to the programmer to change the logic, but to be honest I cannot see a difference between the old command and the new one.