Video Calls

madyan

Hi,

The video calls are supported as long as the Phone you are using, supports it. But there are some discrepancies as follows:-

1) Only if you are using a PBX version which is 5 +.

2) The Video call can be started only when, an audio call is completely setup and then is being switched to a video call.

3) We could test this only on the grandstream video-specific model earlier and it worked for us then.

4) We are yet to test this on a Yealink T49G model as our lab doesn't have it yet.

5) Also, Yealink phones don’t necessarily have a start video button. Alternatively, you can deal with it using '888voip's' service. ( http://www.888voip.com/ ).

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Hi, i'm dealing with discrepancy #5 above in that the Yealink phone does not have a start video button.  Do you have a suggestion on how to overcome this for use with a video door intercom that users need to see video on their Yealink phones to see who is at the door?  I was confused on your suggestion to deal with it using 888voip's service, not sure how they can help, their forums turned up nothing on this topic. 

I was wondering if perhaps an ActionURL button could send a re-invite with video but I dont know the syntax to try that vodia would accept.  Customer had legacy Yealink video phones with a mobotix video doorphone from before we switched them to VodiaPBX so we have inherited this problem and trying to resolve without telling customer to buy all new video phones.  

I think i've got an incompatible model, it provisions some fields but doesn't add a video start button nor can I find a way to enable such a button in the phones settings.  It's an older model Yealink VP530 that our client has 10 of. Would you happen to have the XML code i could try pushing to the phone, or perhaps as a BLF key? thanks for your reply to such an old topic!

With the older model Yealink video phones, there is no way to turn on a "start video" button that I can tell, the VP530 is a beast of a phone, but it lacks this one simple feature.  Its a completely different firmware then the newer Yealink phones (screenshots) and i've already tried every conceivable permutation of options to see if there is a built in start video button.  Can you think of a way to do it by Action URL button? or perhaps an XML button that asks Vodia to RE-INVITE with video?  or is there any way Vodia can send the audio/video in the original invite?   Unfortunately the Mobotix intercom (which is the caller) doesn't have an option to re-invite either, it makes the call with audio and video right away and its up to the phone to accept both, with vodia not forwarding the video request on the original invite,  and the yealink not having a way to re-invite, its road blocked this install until i find someway to re-invite with video.  I'm using Vodia 62.0.3.  Any suggestions?  I wish we could just replace these phones, but cost is an issue for the client and I didn't foresee this dilemma.  Thanks again;

Edited by getmp3s
removed pictures due to quote max

Hi,

As long as the call begins with an Audio and ONLY THEN switches to a video, it should work after that point as your settings look in place.

Yes Vodia doesn't entertain the call if it begins with Video itself, it has to switch from Audio to video ONLY. Only then it might work, which we understand may not be the option when dealing with an Intercom device.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to get the Action URL option going from the Yealink's end or a XML button as well at this point.