Missing search box and CSV upload for accounts

matthewl

Hi,

Yes, to not heavily load the PBX with an enumerate search, the search bar looks for all the major settings on each domain and admin level. Adding a feature (not available in previous versions) along with keeping it light was the motive.

And, CSV addition back in the new version is being looked into.

Stay tuned.

The latest version also supports searching accounts inside the domain.

CSV upload for accounts is a difficult topic. What we need is a bulk import feature from lists; the previous web interface was productive, but hard to get the format right. This time we will try to have a preview and select the fields that should be imported.

• 1 month later...

In version 58.2 I am happy to see that CSV import is back, however it seems to force certain fields.  In the old version I could pre-populate items like park orbits, and disable mailboxes.  It seems like all of that functionality is now lost, and only certain fields are accepted.  I used to use the following format that now does not seem possible: type,alias,ani,password,web_pass,first_name,display_name,mb_pin,mb_enable,picom,orbits

Yea, the new import is really just about extensions. The critique on the old way was that it was very difficult to use, so the new one now has a preview and it should cover the most used case: bulk import of extensions correctly. Usually there are only very few ACD or AA to set up, so going through the interface is usually not such a big deal.

I really do not care about bulk import of anything other than extensions, however not being able to preset all of the values of the extension is a big step backwards.  The number of steps required to click through all of the extensions, set intercom permissions, set park orbits, and enable/disable mailboxes after creation is a huge waste of time.  At first I was slightly upset by loosing the ability to create 10 extensions at once in the GUI, however it was more than made up for by the ability to set any extension parameter that I desired via CSV.  Now that option has been taken away, I feel like it is just a large step backwards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...