routing issue

hosted

I have an incoming call that rings an auto attendant and they press 1 which rings a hunt group and if nobody answers the final stage is to go back to an auto attendant and it fails.

If i call the hunt group and bypass the first auto attendant it works just fine.

UPDATE: seems like you can only do 3 system 'thing' before it kills in any scenerio.

db

I have an incoming call that rings an auto attendant and they press 1 which rings a hunt group and if nobody answers the final stage is to go back to an auto attendant and it fails.

If i call the hunt group and bypass the first auto attendant it works just fine.

UPDATE: seems like you can only do 3 system 'thing' before it kills in any scenerio.

Works for me... I assume you are using a direct destintion for the "1"?

I just tried it on a different server same thing.

Try this scenario. Auto attendant then press 1 for a hunt group. ring a few phones for a couple seconds then time out at the auto attendant again. then press 1.

after 3 events (or 4) the system will hang up. no matter what events (looping or not looping)

I just tried it on a different server same thing.

Try this scenario. Auto attendant then press 1 for a hunt group. ring a few phones for a couple seconds then time out at the auto attendant again. then press 1.

after 3 events (or 4) the system will hang up. no matter what events (looping or not looping)

Oh, do you have a hangup timeout on the auto attendant? Maybe it is still active from the first AA and then kicks in when the PBX is back in AA state?

• 11 months later...

I experienced the same problem. I had a call path that went hunt group 1>auto attendant>hunt group 2>voicemail The problem is it would cut off after the 3rd leg, so it would never get to the voicemail. Adjusting the Max Loop in the PBX.xml from 10 to 20 fixed the issue, however I would like to know why the issue happened in the first place. If it was set to 10, why was it cutting me off at 3? Obviously it was the right value since adjusting it to 20 fixed the problem.

I experienced the same problem. I had a call path that went hunt group 1>auto attendant>hunt group 2>voicemail The problem is it would cut off after the 3rd leg, so it would never get to the voicemail. Adjusting the Max Loop in the PBX.xml from 10 to 20 fixed the issue, however I would like to know why the issue happened in the first place. If it was set to 10, why was it cutting me off at 3? Obviously it was the right value since adjusting it to 20 fixed the problem.

The number is bit misleading. In fact, PBX internally jumps few hops and they are also counted against this number. Especially, when you use hunt groups, this number has to be bit higher. Hope we will clear it a bit in the future releases.

I also adjusted the max loop and that helped some of our issues we had

what I was wondering if it’s possible to allow anything that was done on the PBX end that will cause loops, except if it was done on the UA (like forwarding a call to your own number, will cause a great number of loops, which is a user error, that should be considered a loop detection)