No dial tone randomly

Parks

We have a client that a mortgage company with about 12 agents and every so often users will not have a dial tone, but at the same time some other users on either on the phone talking just fine or making calls. Sometimes it's everyone and might be down for 3-5 minutes. Can tell if this is there internet connection or our system. Don't think it's us as other companies aren't calling in or emailing about it.

Any ideas?

We have a client that a mortgage company with about 12 agents and every so often users will not have a dial tone, but at the same time some other users on either on the phone talking just fine or making calls. Sometimes it's everyone and might be down for 3-5 minutes. Can tell if this is there internet connection or our system. Don't think it's us as other companies aren't calling in or emailing about it.

I would turn on email tracking of the registration status (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Extension#Registrations). If they have an instable connection (or just a buggy router) then you or they will get emails about it.

Ok, I'll do this but when it happen today I saw in their domain that they were still registered but had no dial tone and couldn't make calls.

If it is registered and there is no dial tone, that is a phone problem, not the PBX, the phone generates the dial tone not the PBX. As long as it is registered it should generate the dial tone.

That's what I thought as well when I talked to our client. But what is the likelihood that everyone in that office that their phones are all bad. This doesn't happen to one or two users. It can be someone different everyday and normally last 3-5 minutes before they can make the calls again.