AudioCodes MP-114 FXO gatway setup

cfcs

I see the config file for the Audiocodes MP-108 FXS on the wiki but I'm using the FXO version. Will the config file work with the fxo version. If not could someone please post their working MP-114 FXO config file.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
I am looking to configure a MP-118 FXO, which is probably the exact same as 114, and am completely lost, Is there anyone that can offer some guidance here?

The first step is to configure the endpoints to make sure that they are enabled so you can put any number in there or use the defaults. I usually just set them to 401 port 1, 402 port 2, 403 port 3 etc.. Then go into proxy and registration and set the proxy IP address to the pbxnsip server. For fxo you usually don't have to have them register unless you wanted to connect to that particular port and grab a dial tone (two stage). Make sure the dialing mode is set to one stage in the fxo parameters. If you want to use this as a regular gateway you would set the dialing mode to single stage, and the channel select mode (important) to ascending so it grabs the first available port. Then in pbxnsip create a Gateway trunk and put the IP address of the audiocodes in there. In the advanced parameters I would set the debug level to 6 and then go into status and diagnostics and look in the message log and send a call to it.

I was able to get it mostly working, I have it accepting calls and rolling them over to the AA, And i am placing calls out through the pstn trunk, however when i place a call All i get on the IP phone is ringing, the call goes through and is answered, the answering party can hear what i am saying into the IP phone but all the ip phone can hear is ringing.

On a side note, is it possible to pass the caller id info from the mp-118 to the pbx?

On a scale between 0 and 10, how useful is http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Audiocodes?

For me maybe 1, it does point in the right direction for a few things, however I would assume most people will be setting up an FXO not FXS so FXO help might be usefull.

Just having a configuration ini file does not help a whole lot, There are still settings needed to be made in the PBX that arent listed.

Another thing I dont understand is: Why can't we just SIP Register from the PBX to the Gateway to handle outbound and inbound calling? It seems like that would be the easy way to do it, making things less complicated. I know you have no control over the way the audiocodes box handles things, I just don't get why they havent added that as a feature.

• 3 weeks later...
The first step is to configure the endpoints to make sure that they are enabled so you can put any number in there or use the defaults. I usually just set them to 401 port 1, 402 port 2, 403 port 3 etc.. Then go into proxy and registration and set the proxy IP address to the pbxnsip server. For fxo you usually don't have to have them register unless you wanted to connect to that particular port and grab a dial tone (two stage). Make sure the dialing mode is set to one stage in the fxo parameters. If you want to use this as a regular gateway you would set the dialing mode to single stage, and the channel select mode (important) to ascending so it grabs the first available port. Then in pbxnsip create a Gateway trunk and put the IP address of the audiocodes in there. In the advanced parameters I would set the debug level to 6 and then go into status and diagnostics and look in the message log and send a call to it.

I have followed the directions above but all I get when I call to Audiocodes once connected is new dial-tone and one of the ports lights blue (handset offhook), which apparently indicates there is no active RTP session.

Questions:

1. Is it necessary to complete Gateway Name under SIP Parameters, and if so should it also be IP of pbxnsip server?

2. Is it necessary (or useful) to change anything under Advanced Parameters?

3. Is it necessary to use user name & password for the trunk in pbxnsip & audiocodes proxy setup?

4. Is there a log in the Audiocodes to help troubleshoot?

5. I assume routing is unnecessary if using proxy?

6. In general how do I get it to speak pass the call to pbxnsip?

7. Any additional config suggestions would be a big help for a 114 or 118 FXO.

Thanks, Fred

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Vodia support, can you please share that CFG and any pointers regarding FXO configuration(s)? We've got an Audiocodes MP-114. Had no problem getting FXS ports working with Vodia mini but the FXOs remain a challenge. Please share ASAP.