key system broken with 3.1.1

hosted

I think i posted this somewhere else but wanted to start a new thread.

with 3.1.1 and a snom phone 7.1 or 7.3 firmware. PNP config co1 co2 co3 emulation

press any digit 6 for example and notice co1 LED light up. it also lights up everyone else phone. why?

if you call an internal extension like a conference extension, co1 lights up as well.

hang up the phone and press another digit co2 lights up (and co1 turns off)

this seems to be a bug, which prevents me from rolling out 3.1.1

I think i posted this somewhere else but wanted to start a new thread.

with 3.1.1 and a snom phone 7.1 or 7.3 firmware. PNP config co1 co2 co3 emulation

press any digit 6 for example and notice co1 LED light up. it also lights up everyone else phone. why?

if you call an internal extension like a conference extension, co1 lights up as well.

hang up the phone and press another digit co2 lights up (and co1 turns off)

this seems to be a bug, which prevents me from rolling out 3.1.1

That sounds like you are using the shared lines on keys. There is actually a newer version available for snom phones (which is not released yet) that fixes a couple of issues with shared lines. Shares lines are still bleeding edge it seems.

This is true except it worked fine in 3.0.1

Yea, we did make a change in the stared lines. The fix was related to the dial tone which was not played back when the phone seized a line. However, it requires also a new software on the phones. Maybe wait a little with the upgrade until the phone firmware is released.

• 2 weeks later...

7.3.14 does not fix it.. very frusterating.

7.1.39 does the same thing

Make a phone call with with a shared line co1.. connect the call and hang up. the LED does not turn off.

However i noticed you can press co1 button and it will disconnect the call. so the disconnect X button does not kill the call but pressing the LED button does. so thats a slightly better thing, but still not funcational emulation.

on the snom web page under identity then SIP.. there is a spot to select PBXnSIP server.. what is that for? should the PNP make turn that option on? or not needed. didnt seem to affect anything.

• 2 weeks later...
i have the same problem here.

i was never worried about the co lines but also intercom does not work anymore

will write a new post since its not related to this.

The line stays seized if you make an internal call. You can unseize it after the call by pressing the button again or it should also get off after some time automatically (seize timeout). We are putting in that the line gets automatically unseized when the extension makes an internal call.

As for intercom, there is a new settings for the permission to perform intercom. Now you cannot intercom to anyone and turn on the microphone! It was a kind of security leak.

The line stays seized if you make an internal call. You can unseize it after the call by pressing the button again or it should also get off after some time automatically (seize timeout). We are putting in that the line gets automatically unseized when the extension makes an internal call.

Why? this will only confuse people and make people not like our key system emulation.