AASTRA Sip DECT

Tom Waterman

We are currently trying to find a wireless sip phone to use in our production enviorment. We have looked at the Snome M3 but only 3 phones can have an active call on the same base. We are an office of about 65 people and we need to have mobility throughout the building. So we are currently looking at the AAstra SIP DECT phones. here is the link

http://www.aastra.com/cps/rde/xchg/04/hs.xsl/21410.htm

my question is does anyone have any experience with these phones? Thank you for any help.

Tom

We are currently trying to find a wireless sip phone to use in our production enviorment. We have looked at the Snome M3 but only 3 phones can have an active call on the same base. We are an office of about 65 people and we need to have mobility throughout the building. So we are currently looking at the AAstra SIP DECT phones. here is the link

http://www.aastra.com/cps/rde/xchg/04/hs.xsl/21410.htm

my question is does anyone have any experience with these phones? Thank you for any help.

Tom

I have worked with the Snom M3 and somewhere along the line I have seen the Aastra unit.

The GUI for each product is strangely similar, if not identical.

This leads me to believe that they may be the same units with different firmware.

In my opinion, I would buy more M3 base units to spread the load around before choosing Aastra.

The M3 is much less expensive and may produce the same results in terms of radio range.

Bill H