"external extension"

RobertoAchab

Hello,

I'm afraid this is more a feature request than a question...

I have two sites (A e B ) with two pbxnsip, they are connected with a fiber-optic cable, so I don't have any problem in connecting an extension in site B to the pbx in site A, but to be more "fault tolerant" I'd like to use a pbx in each site.

My problem is that I use Hunt Groups and Agent Groups, in site A, that should have site B's extensions in them.

Am I missing something or in this moment it's impossibile to to put a phone connected to a trunk in a group (agent/hunt)?

by the way, is it possibile for an agent logged in TWO different groups (on the same PBX, now :-D) to logout/login to one of the two groups separately?

This second question is because we support two families of products, so sometime I support the first or the last, depending on the day of the week...

If these two things are not possible, as I wrote upper, this is a feature request...

I'm afraid this is more a feature request than a question...

I have two sites (A e B ) with two pbxnsip, they are connected with a fiber-optic cable, so I don't have any problem in connecting an extension in site B to the pbx in site A, but to be more "fault tolerant" I'd like to use a pbx in each site.

My problem is that I use Hunt Groups and Agent Groups, in site A, that should have site B's extensions in them.

Am I missing something or in this moment it's impossibile to to put a phone connected to a trunk in a group (agent/hunt)?

by the way, is it possibile for an agent logged in TWO different groups (on the same PBX, now :-D) to logout/login to one of the two groups separately?

This second question is because we support two families of products, so sometime I support the first or the last, depending on the day of the week...

If these two things are not possible, as I wrote upper, this is a feature request...

What you can do easily is register the agents phones in both locations.

Having a phone number associated with the agent will easily result in loops. For example, agent A redirects all calls to agent B; who redirects all calls to C; who redirects all calls to A again. This will generate nice traffic storms, and you'll have a hard time figuring out why which agent redirected a call to which other agent. And you cannot stop them from doing this.

Yes, thanks, I'm going to register my phones to both PBXs.

I can't understand the loop issue, in our company no-one ever redirect calls...

What I was asking for was if it is possibile to login/logout manually (and separataly) from different agent groups

Any tip?

(I know it's not a great issue, I'm going to let my users to use GUI, they are all IT workers, I'm only thinking about this situation in another environment, with less-trained users that i'd prefer not to touch the GUI)

"fault tolerance"

With two offices connected by fiber and each office has a PBX, does this mean each office has it's on independent telecom services coming into their building via POTS, PRI, BRI, or SIP Trunk?

Yes, we obviously have two phone services, a 6 line ISDN in Milano and a 2 line ISDN in Genova (this is from another provider, it gaves us the fiber cable and a Cisco emulating a NT/1 device.

Yes, we obviously have two phone services.

After 32 Years Servicing Mainframes to My kids IPODs, Nothing is obvious and you must trust and verify everything. Sounds like you are looking for Call Load Distribution VS. Fault Tolerance. If The PSTN - SIP going to either PBX fails, then you need to work with your TELCO providers for their fault tolerant options. In the World of SIP this means DNS-SRV records with weighted entries. In the US, few SIP providers fully Support this. Most try to lock their SIP trunks to the IP address of the PBX... Makes fault tolerance a tough question.. We've tried numerous ways to get fault Tolerance but the easiest is Dual Gateways at the PBX.

If each PBX has Public IP's on different ISP's and a Router exists to push a SPARE IP across that Fiber Link, then maybe you could build two SIP trunks and have failover Trunks.... (Might Recommend two different providers)

Cheers

After 32 Years Servicing Mainframes to My kids IPODs, Nothing is obvious and you must trust and verify everything. Sounds like you are looking for Call Load Distribution VS. Fault Tolerance. If The PSTN - SIP going to either PBX fails, then you need to work with your TELCO providers for their fault tolerant options. In the World of SIP this means DNS-SRV records with weighted entries. In the US, few SIP providers fully Support this. Most try to lock their SIP trunks to the IP address of the PBX... Makes fault tolerance a tough question.. We've tried numerous ways to get fault Tolerance but the easiest is Dual Gateways at the PBX.

If each PBX has Public IP's on different ISP's and a Router exists to push a SPARE IP across that Fiber Link, then maybe you could build two SIP trunks and have failover Trunks.... (Might Recommend two different providers)

Cheers

Hmm, if I have understood your message (sorry, I'm not so good in reading/writing english) I don't want such a fault tolerance, I only want two PBXes working like one, then when the fiber fails the B-side users should phone over the the isdn of that site.

Nothing more, unfortunately I must put B-Site phones in the hunting groups of A-site PBX

6 B channels (3 BRIs') into PBX 1 office 1

2 B Channels (1 BRI) into PBX 2 office 2

A link of what speed between these two offices? Is this a two hop link with routers?

Is the smaller office2 Surfing the WEB through that link and out the Gateway of another Internet connection in Office1?

Did I overlook the model phones in use?

A phone with Dual Registration (local PBX plus remote PBX)

Use an ACD group to ring the local phones first, then 20 seconds later Ring the remote phones?

My Guess is that you want to do this with dual registrations to avoid the additional expense of extensions...

did you use the same extension plan in each office?

I would have planned for growth, go with a 3 or 4 digit plan 1XXX on office 1, 2XXX on office 2.

I've seen a few nice posts on this topic.