Use of "SIP IP Replacement List"

rudik

Next week i have to implement PBXNSIP with SNOM phones on a Windows 2008 Server (2 nic's) and a NAT connection to the VOIP provider. After doing reading about problems with NAT is seems that use of "SIP IP Replacement List" is the way to go in this setup. As it is the first NAT imlementation i will be performing i would like to know if there are any problems i might have. And if there is anything else i might forget to do besides creating Port Forwarding rules in the router for SIP and RTP.

Thanks for any advise....

Next week i have to implement PBXNSIP with SNOM phones on a Windows 2008 Server (2 nic's) and a NAT connection to the VOIP provider. After doing reading about problems with NAT is seems that use of "SIP IP Replacement List" is the way to go in this setup. As it is the first NAT imlementation i will be performing i would like to know if there are any problems i might have. And if there is anything else i might forget to do besides creating Port Forwarding rules in the router for SIP and RTP.

Thanks for any advise....

Check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses.

I already came across this document, that is where i got the Use of "SIP IP Replacement List" from. From your answer i assume that there is nothing else to know, works perfect according to the document ???

Thanks anyway .... :( (still in doubt)

I hoped to get more practical info.....

I already came across this document, that is where i got the Use of "SIP IP Replacement List" from. From your answer i assume that there is nothing else to know, works perfect according to the document ???

I can only recommend to get a routable IP address (so called "public IP address"). All other things are dirty workarounds, and they are difficult to setup and difficult to keep them going. Ask you service provider for a IPv6 address (I know he would not give you one, but increase priority for the IPv6 project - nothing happens without customers asking for it).

• 7 months later...
I can only recommend to get a routable IP address (so called "public IP address"). All other things are dirty workarounds, and they are difficult to setup and difficult to keep them going. Ask you service provider for a IPv6 address (I know he would not give you one, but increase priority for the IPv6 project - nothing happens without customers asking for it).

FYI correct URL is now : https://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...ratingconfirm=1

I was looking for this document also :)

• 1 year later...

I found a "leftover" copy! For those searching, here you go... the section on "Separation by Route" is extremely important for those of us running public IP for trunks and private IP for phones. Setting up explicit routes is the key, it's much more powerful (and has fewer unwanted side-effects) than the IP Replacement method.

http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_with_private_and_public_IP_addresses