Dynamic ANI

jlumby

I am looking for a way to not hardcode the ANI for each extension, however use some type of variable in the ANI field so that it can pull, and use the ANI from the invite message. I have situations when running the hosting version, and I have 1 PBXnSIP server registered to another as a trunk, and right now the only way to send caller ID on a per station basis of the remote system is to create a trunk and dialplan per each outbound caller ID, The problem is this method is slow, and an administrative nightmare.

I am looking for a way to not hardcode the ANI for each extension, however use some type of variable in the ANI field so that it can pull, and use the ANI from the invite message. I have situations when running the hosting version, and I have 1 PBXnSIP server registered to another as a trunk, and right now the only way to send caller ID on a per station basis of the remote system is to create a trunk and dialplan per each outbound caller ID, The problem is this method is slow, and an administrative nightmare.

Is using a prefix in the trunk an option? In R-O-W companies usually have a common company prefix and then append the extension number there.

The other thing is that you can tell the PBX not to change the To/From headers. I believe that is in the domain settings.

I am having some issues getting this to work properly. After some investigation, I found out that when I send an ANI that does not match the account number (username), the PBXnSIP server that the trunk is registered with returns a 401 error, however if I set the ANI to match the account number, then the outbound call works properly. The initial registration, and receiving calls is never an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having some issues getting this to work properly. After some investigation, I found out that when I send an ANI that does not match the account number (username), the PBXnSIP server that the trunk is registered with returns a 401 error, however if I set the ANI to match the account number, then the outbound call works properly. The initial registration, and receiving calls is never an issue.

Did you try to list all possible ANI in the extension? I believe that the PBX will then try to stick to the ANI provided from the user-agent. For example:

ANI: 9787462777 9787462778 9787462779