Cell Phone Schedule

shopcomputer

I am quoting on an opportunity for a nonprofit volunteer organization, they basically have 1 person on duty taking calls on their cell phone 24/7. Every hour there is someone else on duty.

I am thinking how to configure this for them, the first thought that came to mind was creating a hunt group and adding all the volunteers as members of the hunt group, and setting the call cell phone option, with an explicit schedule allowing calls only during his on duty hour.

However then I reminded myself about our no cell phone from hunt groups issue. I am back at the drawing board.

What can I accomplish with a service flag? should I create scheduled service flags for each user and have an IVR forward to the users with manual registration?

First thought is, 24 extensions 10 thru 34 with service flags 50 thru 74 1 for each hour of the day, calls are redirected to cells based on the assigned call flags. Sounds like a maintenance nightmare after the installation to manage cell phone entrys. Perhaps a simple ACCESS web page that can SOAP update the cell phone numbers... Just a first thought...

First thought is, 24 extensions 10 thru 34 with service flags 50 thru 74 1 for each hour of the day, calls are redirected to cells based on the assigned call flags. Sounds like a maintenance nightmare after the installation to manage cell phone entrys. Perhaps a simple ACCESS web page that can SOAP update the cell phone numbers... Just a first thought...

I would just use one auto attendant and 24 service flags. One falg for each hour. Then use the night mode feature to distribute the call to each cell phone:

Service Flag Account: 7100 7101 7102 7103 ...

Night Service Number: 9787462777 9787462778 9787462779 9787462780 ...

You can even make exceptions for the weekend and for the holidays!

I would just use one auto attendant and 24 service flags. One falg for each hour. Then use the night mode feature to distribute the call to each cell phone:

Service Flag Account: 7100 7101 7102 7103 ...

Night Service Number: 9787462777 9787462778 9787462779 9787462780 ...

You can even make exceptions for the weekend and for the holidays!

I am not following, there is only 1 service flag field in the autoattendant, and one night service field.

If you seperate by spaces, the first service flag corresponds to the first night service number, second to the 2nd, etc.?

I am not following, there is only 1 service flag field in the autoattendant, and one night service field.

If you seperate by spaces, the first service flag corresponds to the first night service number, second to the 2nd, etc.?

Yes. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Auto_Att...t#Night_Service. A dirty, but flexible trick!