Reception and incoming calls on second line no ring and wrong caller id

joso

Hi there,

Our recpetionist has a snom 360 phone and i enabled 4 lines on 4 buttons. All this connected to an audiocodes gateway. i enabled all 8 ports on the audiocdoes by entering the DID's, the first DID on port 1 is our main phone number and the rest are the DID's the telco gave us. When a call comes in, the 1st line button flashes, the phone rings and the correct phone number of the call comes through. Now when the second caller comes in on Line 2 at the same time the caller id is wrong (It shows the did number i put in the audiocodes), the button on line 2 is flashing and there is no ringing out loud. How do i get the caller id to show up correctly on the second, third, etc..call as well as it make it ring? This is for Canada BTW. i set it both 10 digits NANPA, and 11 digits NANPA and no difference. i also set it to p-asserted identity. this on one trunk.

i also have 6 lines and set the CO Lines to line1:i line2 line3 line4 line5 line6. should i have set this for FXO? is it needed?

Thanks in advance!

Joso

Our recpetionist has a snom 360 phone and i enabled 4 lines on 4 buttons. All this connected to an audiocodes gateway. i enabled all 8 ports on the audiocdoes by entering the DID's, the first DID on port 1 is our main phone number and the rest are the DID's the telco gave us. When a call comes in, the 1st line button flashes, the phone rings and the correct phone number of the call comes through. Now when the second caller comes in on Line 2 at the same time the caller id is wrong (It shows the did number i put in the audiocodes), the button on line 2 is flashing and there is no ringing out loud. How do i get the caller id to show up correctly on the second, third, etc..call as well as it make it ring? This is for Canada BTW.

Of course the PBX can only display what it gets. AudioCodes gateways are pretty flexible, there must be a way to make the AC send the correct DID number. But I am not the AC expert. In the end the PBX just uses the information in the From- and To-header to display where the call comes from and where it goes to (the Request-URI is used for the routing, not for displaying). My suggestion is to keep an eye on the From/To header and try to change the AC setup.

i set it both 10 digits NANPA, and 11 digits NANPA and no difference. i also set it to p-asserted identity. this on one trunk.

Yea, this should make no difference. This is more for outbound calls.

i also have 6 lines and set the CO Lines to line1:i line2 line3 line4 line5 line6. should i have set this for FXO? is it needed?

The CO lines do not influence the display of the caller-ID.

What about the second call that comes in on the second line and ringing? the receptionist doesn't hear anything, she just see's it on screen. We want it to ring out loud.

It could be that the phone only sees the notification for the LED. It should be easy to see if that is the problem. Check from the phone's web interface if it receives a INVITE message. If not, then the phone somehow is not included in the list of devices that should ring. From there on we can dig deeper.

I will take a look on sunday and test this and see if there is an INVITE.

In the previous question about CO lines. i am wondering if i need to set it at all, regardless of the caller id. the reason why i set it was so i can dedicate the first line to incoming only and the rest for/incoming/outgoing.

Since we spoke about led's, i set the snom sidecar to BLF for all extensions. When a user is using their phone it lights up and shuts off when the user is done, that's good. When the user puts their phone to DND, it lights up only for a few seconds then goes away. Any way to make the LED light up until the DND is off for the extensions?

Thanks

Joso

In the previous question about CO lines. i am wondering if i need to set it at all, regardless of the caller id. the reason why i set it was so i can dedicate the first line to incoming only and the rest for/incoming/outgoing.

IMHO the whole CO-line emulation is a little bit historic. Today they are virtual anyway, and in SIP there is not really any CO-line. In large PBX systems, there is also no CO-line monitoring (think about companies that may have 120 lines). The only point I see in CO-lines is a easy way of parking and picking up calls. Someone shouting in the office "Joe, Fred is on line 3"... An attended transfer would also do.

Since we spoke about led's, i set the snom sidecar to BLF for all extensions. When a user is using their phone it lights up and shuts off when the user is done, that's good. When the user puts their phone to DND, it lights up only for a few seconds then goes away. Any way to make the LED light up until the DND is off for the extensions?

That does not sound like a feature to me... I believe I have to dust off one of these sidecars.

hi,

>Any way to make the LED light up until the DND is off for the extensions?

would be nice to have for on the phone of the admin for the phone system.!

Lately i've been taking care of this issues quite a few times. (no huge prob)

You CAN see if a phone is on DND by looking at List of accounts in pbxnsip too though.

matt

It seems from another post that the DND is not working properly and when pressing it too quickly on the snom phones it affects the status of pbxnsip. i am assumming it is affecting the BLF on the receptionist's sidecar.

ANy idea when this will be fixed?