911 DID

hosted

I know this can be done with a dialplan and dedicated trunk.

But is it possible to create a field in the trunk that when a 911 (emergency number) is dialed that the ANI is manipulated to a set number (in the field)?

that way when you have multiple carriers I can force a specific ANI for 911 purposes.

thanks

I know this can be done with a dialplan and dedicated trunk.

But is it possible to create a field in the trunk that when a 911 (emergency number) is dialed that the ANI is manipulated to a set number (in the field)?

that way when you have multiple carriers I can force a specific ANI for 911 purposes.

Did you check out the EPID feature?

Do you have an example of what the PBX is supposed to do?

Doesn't EPID send a specific DID to e911?

I want to send 1 DID (per location) to 911 service. preferably controlled per trunk.

this can be set via dialplan. i just though it would be cool to have control on a per trunk basis.

Yes. EPID is for a 911 call. It must be enabled in the trunk.

But you can also use a ANI like this: "Trunk1:9781234567 9787462777", means when using Trunk1, use 9781234567 otherwise use 9787462777.

Yes. EPID is for a 911 call. It must be enabled in the trunk.

But you can also use a ANI like this: "Trunk1:9781234567 9787462777", means when using Trunk1, use 9781234567 otherwise use 9787462777.

So EPID will overwrite the ANI for a 911 call? where to i input the ANI for 911?