911 source caller ID manipulation

Parks

We are running a multi tenant deployment and want to see how we can force the source caller id to be the main office line rather the extensions caller id. We're trying to reduce the amount of e911 registrations required for customers with DIDs. Thanks of the input.

What I have done is setup a global dialplan that routes all 911 calls to a specific trunk. You can then fill in the ANI field with a format like 1111111111 E911trunk:2222222222 What this does is sends the ani of 1111111111 if the call goes out any trunk, except if the dialplan sends it out the trunk named E911trunk, then it will send an ANI of 2222222222

What I have done is setup a global dialplan that routes all 911 calls to a specific trunk. You can then fill in the ANI field with a format like 1111111111 E911trunk:2222222222 What this does is sends the ani of 1111111111 if the call goes out any trunk, except if the dialplan sends it out the trunk named E911trunk, then it will send an ANI of 2222222222

Before setting the dialplans up I tested setting the trunk ANI and my personal caller ID still comes up.

• 1 month later...
That is correct, the ANI in the extension field will take precedence over all, and the ANI on the domain will take precedence over the trunk

This still doesn't answer my question. All we want is to have everyone from a particular domain to use a specific ANI when calling 911. This is a feature that should be added.

This is what I am envisioning:

In the domain setting right under emergency number there would be a field for emergency ANI. And let's say that there is 1 home worker that cannot use that ANI of course in the domain right under ANI their would be emergency ANI that would override the domain one.

This seems to be the simplest why to cover all needs regarding multi tenant deployments scenarios. I'm just very surprised this really hasn't been an issue before. Registering ever number is a waste of money for both the customer and us and probably lost some customers because of it.

Would be very helpful if someone from PBXnSIP would review this and give feedback. Thanks all.

This still doesn't answer my question. All we want is to have everyone from a particular domain to use a specific ANI when calling 911. This is a feature that should be added.

This is what I am envisioning:

In the domain setting right under emergency number there would be a field for emergency ANI. And let's say that there is 1 home worker that cannot use that ANI of course in the domain right under ANI their would be emergency ANI that would override the domain one.

This seems to be the simplest why to cover all needs regarding multi tenant deployments scenarios. I'm just very surprised this really hasn't been an issue before. Registering ever number is a waste of money for both the customer and us and probably lost some customers because of it.

Would be very helpful if someone from PBXnSIP would review this and give feedback. Thanks all.

If you do not have an ANI under the extension, then the domain ANI will be used. Doesn't that what you are asking here?

If you do not have an ANI under the extension, then the domain ANI will be used. Doesn't that what you are asking here?

NO. We need to be able to override extension ANI when calling to 911 with a certain ANI that's registered in 911 dbase.

I cannot believe this is so difficult to understand. I'm been trying to get this now for month and no one seems to understand the laws regarding this and PBXnSIP from what I can see doesn't make it very economical for service providers making us register all DIDs with the 911 dbase.

why dont you set up a 2nd trunk for 911?

and that way you can have a DID for regular calls, and a DID or EPID for 911 trunk

What version is EPID from. We're running 3.1.2.3120.

Plus I thought that the extension ANI will override the domain or trunk ANI??? Also what happens if the company has a few remote workers this will not work.

EPID

This is very useful if you have remote employees, and multiple offices that on default all display the company’s main DID as the ANI and you would like the 911 dispatcher to call back the actual extension that called 911, not just the main business number which when being called will be an IVR or after hours greeting etc

What you need to do is

1) Create a trunk that you're going to use for 911 calls and on that trunk set the option of Generate unique extension identifier to Yes

2) Under the extension account go to registration and in the EPID window there should be a 10 digit number, if its empty then put in a * and save it and it will automatically generate the 10 digit EPID

3) Go to your dial plan and set a high preference that when dialing 911 it should use the trunk you just created

Now here is how Enable911 makes use of the EPID:

When you call 911 the call goes thru their switch and they attach a temporary DID to that EPID number, and that number is being displayed to the 911 dispatcher taking your call. they don't know your EPID number only the temp number that Enable911 attached to the EPID

When the 911 dispatcher calls you back on the Temp DID number from Enable911 it will ring to the EPID number and ring directly to the extension with that EPID number

I apologize if I didn’t come out clear with instructions, but wanted to get this out since I know some of you were waiting for it. Once I get time ill make it real nice.

I am willing to help anyone out who needs help

EPID

This is very useful if you have remote employees, and multiple offices that on default all display the company’s main DID as the ANI and you would like the 911 dispatcher to call back the actual extension that called 911, not just the main business number which when being called will be an IVR or after hours greeting etc

What you need to do is

1) Create a trunk that you're going to use for 911 calls and on that trunk set the option of Generate unique extension identifier to Yes

2) Under the extension account go to registration and in the EPID window there should be a 10 digit number, if its empty then put in a * and save it and it will automatically generate the 10 digit EPID

3) Go to your dial plan and set a high preference that when dialing 911 it should use the trunk you just created

Now here is how Enable911 makes use of the EPID:

When you call 911 the call goes thru their switch and they attach a temporary DID to that EPID number, and that number is being displayed to the 911 dispatcher taking your call. they don't know your EPID number only the temp number that Enable911 attached to the EPID

When the 911 dispatcher calls you back on the Temp DID number from Enable911 it will ring to the EPID number and ring directly to the extension with that EPID number

I apologize if I didn’t come out clear with instructions, but wanted to get this out since I know some of you were waiting for it. Once I get time ill make it real nice.

I am willing to help anyone out who needs help

This scenario only applies if the 911 operator needs to call back the caller but the whole point of registering each location is to have it auto route to the nearest 911 call center. enable911 charges you if you go through the national operator an extra $100 per attempt.

If we are using 1 trunk to propagate this ANI it's always going to be the same. Am I missing understanding this? Anyway I can call to speak about it?