Can't log into Web GUI as user

Tom Waterman

Ok I just moved the pbx server from and old computer to a new VM. I just simply copied the entire pbx folder to the new server after installing the program on the server. All phones are registered and everything is working great except no user can log into the WEB UI! I can as the admin but no one else! PLease help!

Tom

hmm

I've done that several times and not noticed that issue...

What happens if you manually change the web interface password for the user?

Matt

It does not work. I tried changing a bunch of them and I get the message that they don't match. The only thing that has changed is the server name. I copied the entire pbx directory. The server name is now srpbx02 instead. That is the only difference. The domain name in the pbx software is srpbx01. Also my provisioning does not work anymore but that is because the web login is broken.

Okay, yes i didn't change domain name...

matt

, I think I have narrowed it down. If I change my account to admin it makes no difference I still can’t log in. I looked in the log and each time it says the password is bad. But if I change the account password I still can’t log in. Also I even tried to creat a new user which it did fine but it won't let me log in with that password either. Any ideas why?

, I think I have narrowed it down. If I change my account to admin it makes no difference I still can’t log in. I looked in the log and each time it says the password is bad. But if I change the account password I still can’t log in. Also I even tried to creat a new user which it did fine but it won't let me log in with that password either. Any ideas why?

Well after about 5 hours of banging my head against a wall we found the solution. we needed to use the domain name of the pbx domain at the end of the user name. For instance, my username was 817. now it has to be 817@srpbx01.mdgn.microdatagis.com I have no idea why but that is what did the trick. Also be careful when you copy the pbxctr.exe file that you unblock it on the new server, in order to do this right click on the file and go to properties and click unblock at the bottom! Thanks for the help!

Tom

Well after about 5 hours of banging my head against a wall we found the solution. we needed to use the domain name of the pbx domain at the end of the user name. For instance, my username was 817. now it has to be 817@srpbx01.mdgn.microdatagis.com I have no idea why but that is what did the trick. Also be careful when you copy the pbxctr.exe file that you unblock it on the new server, in order to do this right click on the file and go to properties and click unblock at the bottom! Thanks for the help!

Tom

If you have more than 1 domain, not using the localhost domain, then you need to include the domain name, when logging in.

If you have specified telephone number alias names, then you can also log in with that number (no domain required).

No I only have 1 domain it is srpbx01mdgn.miXXXXXxx.com with an alias of local host. All this use to work until I moved from one server to a new vm. Please help.

Well if the system has only one domain, then the PBX should automatically append the domain name (if there is no @ in the name). The name "localhost" does not matter.

I removed localhost all together, added in my PBX. Which worked. Then the pbx shot a big error about having localhost as a domain and it created a new domain called localhost. I deleted it and added it as a second alias to my domain and it works.