Toll Free DID Handling

Allstate Computers

I have a client that has a local DID and a toll free DID. When they were with AT&T the toll free DID was forwarded to their local DID, so when a call came in on their toll free number it would come in as a normal call on their regular phone lines. I have since moved them away from AT&T and I have them setup with key system emulation, so they have 1 DID and 6 call paths labeled on their phones as lines 1-6. Does anyone know of a way to set it up in PBXNSIP so that the toll free number comes in on lines 1-6?

Thanks,

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so we ran into a problem with our router and I had to down it, so I do need to know how to make this work in PBXNSIP. I read the page on extension handling and tel aliases. It appears that you would only use that if you want to route a did to an extension. I want to route one trunk to another trunk. For instance on my router I had it set up that the 800xxxxxxx number wasn't a trunk. It was an alias of the 561xxxxxxx number so when the 800 number was dialed, it routed the call over the 561xxxxxxx trunk which was registered in pbxnsip. For anyone familiar with DNS I basically need a cname record for the 800 number pointing to an existing trunk. Is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...
I dont get the part where you say you cant to call from one trunk to another trunk. From the description above, it seems that a simple alias does the job.

Yes, an alias is what I'm trying to accomplish. How do I create an alias? I had it set up in OpenSIPS but it stopped working after a short while. Not sure why... Either way I'd rather it be handled inside the pbx, than the sip router.

just put it near the extension number as an alias.

I'm sorry if I'm being dense but, I don't quite understand your answer. Here is my current set up:

I have two trunks:

Trunk 1 --- (561)xxx-xxxx

Trunk 2 --- (800)xxx-xxxx

I am using key system emulation with Snom 320 phones so on trunk 1 I have co1, co2, co3, co4 and co5 under CO Lines:

The "Send to extension" field goes to extension 300 which is a hunt group.

On Trunk 2 I don't have any co lines setup and I have the "Send to extension" field set to the same hunt group extension 300. I tried changing the 300 to the phone number from Trunk 1, but just got a busy signal.

What I had set up on OpenSIPS was that (800)xxx-xxxx was just an alias of (561)xxx-xxxx, but for reasons unknown as of yet it's stopped working, so now I need to have the pbx handle it. Is it possible to have a trunk be an alias of another trunk?

I'm sorry if I'm being dense but, I don't quite understand your answer. Here is my current set up:

I have two trunks:

Trunk 1 --- (561)xxx-xxxx

Trunk 2 --- (800)xxx-xxxx

I am using key system emulation with Snom 320 phones so on trunk 1 I have co1, co2, co3, co4 and co5 under CO Lines:

The "Send to extension" field goes to extension 300 which is a hunt group.

On Trunk 2 I don't have any co lines setup and I have the "Send to extension" field set to the same hunt group extension 300. I tried changing the 300 to the phone number from Trunk 1, but just got a busy signal.

What I had set up on OpenSIPS was that (800)xxx-xxxx was just an alias of (561)xxx-xxxx, but for reasons unknown as of yet it's stopped working, so now I need to have the pbx handle it. Is it possible to have a trunk be an alias of another trunk?

You don't need a seperate trunk for each DID, you only need multiple trunks for multiple carriers. remove the 300 from the send to field, On hunt group 300 put the 2 phone numbers after the extension number seperated by spaces. If it does not work look at the log to see what is going on.